Best pain meds for gall bladder attack ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed last july..seeing dr.finally feb 14..plz advise on gall bladder pain attack meds

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

For me, the only thing that helped slightly was taking 2 Codeine with 2 paracetamol

• Posted

Hi Suzy ... I think the only "meds" that will help are preventative measures i.e., no fat intake. I suffered some awful attacks just before my GB was removed merely be eating incredibly small amounts of fat (my son had bought some chips and I couldn't resist). I tried various things like apple cider vinegar but in the end avoiding anything with fat was the only way for me.

Sending best wishes

• Posted

Not always the case. I was getting attacks after a salad, so zero fat.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kindness in replying..& yes, I am absolutely convinced that prevention is better than cure. Best wishes to you my friend ☯️

• Posted

Tramadol knocked me sick

Paracetamol was best when IV

I found relief with valium/diaz

Oromorph if it gets too much as well

Some can suggest dicoflec up the bottom as well

Apple cider vinegar and ginger for the nausea

• Posted

Torodol is what worked best when my attacks got bad.

• Posted

1 Table spoon Epsom Salts in 200ml water taste is rough but should alleviate the attack.

• Posted

I was in A&E Monday evening .Dr. administered oromorph & paracetamol..my GP follow up now has me on codeine /paracetamol ..has anyone else had constipation problems alongside the attacks? Plz help 😯 SJP

• Posted

I have, mind you being as you're taking codeine, it could be that, that is causing the problem.

You can try half a glass to a full glass of prune juice. It's natural and it works very well.

• Posted

How much did you drink at one time and how many days did you consecutively drink it?

It you're really backed up, it can take a few days before things start moving.

But it is much better for your stomach than constipation meds which can be damaging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.