best pain relief for arthritic fingers

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have undiagnosed arthritis in my fingers which is becoming very painful, at the moment i just take 2 paracetemol before going to bed & put up with the pain during the day.I also do circling exercises with my fingers to stop them seizing up.

The knobbles on my lower knuckles are now very pronounced.

I'm wary of putting anti inflamatory gel on my fingers in case i forget i've got it on & touch my eyes.

Any hints or tips gratefully received

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

put cream on hands at night and wear cotton gloves when needed.

i use a hand spa with melted lavender wax. dip my hands in 2-3 times in heated wax, feels like heaven.

see your doc for other meds that can stop the nodes from getting bigger and control pain.

the nodes could mean other types of arthritis and other issues. see your doc for a diagnosis for a treatment plan.

• Edited

I got the wax treatment in my doctors office. Felt like heaven there. I bought the same one docs office uses and it burned me pretty bad so be careful if you do that. He also had me fitted with a brace made for my hands. I loved this but it lasted 3 days because it stretched so much. I take meds now. Everything seems like a short term fix, which I know but its frustrating!

Good luck!

• Edited

Hi. Rosie, thanks for your reply. I didn't realise that you could get wax treatment at the doc's, probably depends on your surgery.

I did have treatment a while back at a salon, but they burned my fingers which put me off possibly buying a machine so that i could treat myself at home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.