Best painkiller

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

has anyone found a painkiller that actually works but doesn't cause bleeding or constipation?

I cant sleep at night for the spasms, I'm doing all the other things.... just want to sleep!

thanks

C

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The only pain reliever that's worked for me is 800mg of advil (ibuprofen), taken every 6 hours. They initially gave me tramadol, but that didn't touch the pain by itself. If I have pain at night I will take 800mg Advil and 100mg of Tramadol to help me sleep. I take 250mg of colace (docusate sodium) and 400mg of magnesium citrate every night before bed to keep my bm soft. I hope this helps, I'm so sorry you're in pain.

• Posted

thank you, i stopped taking naproxen because i thought it was making the bleeding worse but it is the only thing that helps with the pain...but i need to sleep and relax, when in spasm nothing is ever going to heal... rock and a hard place!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.