Best procedures for less in evasive surgery for acute urine retention

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. All.........'m from the West Michigan area..Kent county . I'm looking for anybody that had any experiences pro and cons with any prostrate surgery. I've. been battling urine retention for quite awhile lately. A few years ago I was booked to go in for TURP procedure but I backed out at the last minute. I didn't like the the side effects that may come with it and plus the Doc that was going to do it was arrogant and snippy with me saying I was too young. Since my early thirties I've been diagnosed with a stone on my prostate and ever since then I've battling BP and UTI's infection. and urine retention. I'm looking for good advice and opinions ... Thanks Andrew

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First, if you don't like your urologist, find another one. There must be a dozen or more in the Grand Rapids area. And get the full work up others have suggested.

Second, don't believe anything you read on this forum about a TURP unless that person has had one. I had one 4 weeks ago today and resumed all normal activities a week ago. No side-effects and no pain other that a little burning the first 2 or 3 days. I'm peeing better than I have in years.

Good luck.

• Posted

No side-effects, so no. However, retrograde ejaculation is almost a given and this bothers some people. If you aren't through fathering children, then this would be an issue.

I'm not suggesting that this procedure is right for you but it was right for me. The TURP has a bad reputation on this forum from people who haven't had it done. Most of those who have been through it have been satisfied.

Search on "TURP" to find my very detailed post about the procedure and the 2 or 3 days post-procedure. Send me a private message if you have any questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.