Best time of day (if any) to take Fluoxetine ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

[b:8784501d75]Can anyone say that there is a \"best time\" to take this medication ?[/b:8784501d75]

At the moment I am taking it at about 6am (ish) when, for some reason, I tend to wake up in a right panicky state .... [i:8784501d75] I don't know if my blood pressure pill causes this panic cos I take this before I go to bed at midnight.[/i:8784501d75] I am wondering if I should take my blood pressure tablet in the morning and the fluoxetine at night ... Wow and sorry ... what a long winded way to ask you simply [b:8784501d75]\" Should I swap them round ? \" [/b:8784501d75]... I asked my GP but she just helpfully said \"experiment\" ~ I have only been on the fluoxetine 20mg for 1 month but \"whenever\" I take them I always seem to have really bad mornings when all I want to do is stay in bed even though I know I wont sleep ... I just feel like hell when I have to force myself to get out of bed.... I'd stay there all day if I could :cry:

I'd really appreciate any comments from you please ...

Thanks ... Patti xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Snavetap

Good ol doc - don't you just love em!

Bad mornings seem to be a general side effect with flu. I think you'll find most people take it in the mornings as it doesn't appear to work so well at night.

I've been on flu for nearly 7 weeks now. Mornings are the worst but things improve as the day wears on. This seems like a general pattern.

Don't worry about it, things will improve.

Keep posting and take care.

• Posted

I now take mine around 11am, having tried a number of times. Think the bad mornings are part of it at the beginning

Good Luck

• Posted

Hey Patti,

Similarly to PG I take my tab first thing in the morning and eat straight after as no food on these makes me feel sick.

When i first took it i thought my doc told me to take it in the evening but i found it was kicking in just as I was trying to sleep and couldnt switch off.

Like your doc said, experiment as much as you can - maybe week by week try a new routine. But myself and a few other found a vitamin tablet helps. I take a multi-vitamin, i think Meganpooch takes a vitamin B complex(??) They keep your immune system running and help to balance the chemical imbalance (so my sources tell me).

Meganpooch posted a great website to look at for more info....MP can you repost it for Patti plz

• Posted

Hi HT

I certainly will. Just have to remember what it was! Either that or i'll find where i posted it.

:lol:

• Posted

Hi Patti

Right, i've found it now. The address is www.vitaminuk.com.

If you type vitamin b complex into the search engine, the 9th entry should take you to the correct page. This very forum also has a website, the one directly below the site mentioned. Multi vitamins are used to boost the immune system. B vitamin complex is more specific and was recommended by a cured sufferer. Have a read. All the information you need is there.

Hope this helps and good luck. x :wink:

• Posted

Have also been taking Vit B Complex thanks to MP! x Boots sell it if you want a high street provider smile
  • Posted

Good on you Peanut Girl. Glad i could be of help. Hope it speeds your recovery.......only time will tell.

Nighty night. x smile

• Posted

Hello All ... Just a very quick reply to thank you all for your posts ... Bless you all ~ I do appreciate your thoughts and comments ~ you have all given me something to think about ... and ... I shall keep reading.

I will get back to you in a while to say how the \"experimenting\" is going.

[i:d4d4907ce2]Heck ... I hate feeling like this but I no longer feel so alone.[/i:d4d4907ce2]

Thanks again ... Patti xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.