BEST TIME TO TAKE IT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I have just been prescribed 75mg efexor xl, can anyone tell me the best time to take it, am/pm, it says take with food to help avoid side effects, but I cannot eat until about 12, just woundered if I took it of a evening will it keep me awake.

I have just come of seroxat and now starting ven on friday.

Anyone help??????????????

Colette.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi collect

i was worried how u was getting on did you get off the serxot ok

i take mine venalaxine in the morning but it dont seem to be having much luck

the cbt is going ok but still feel really down

hope all ok ur end

stefen x

• Posted

Hiya,

Last 10mg seroxat this morning, started the ven 37.5 a week ago and 75mg slow release ven tomorrow.

The reason I asked the question was I cannot eat until 12 ish, and the psych said to take it with food, the more the better, so i was going to take it after tea, about 6-7 pm. Does it make you tired and have you had any side effects with it, as it done anything for you, does it make you sleepy in the day.

This is all i will be taking along with valium and propanolol.

TaKE cARE

Colette.

• Posted

hi m8

i just take mine in the morning i dont eat breakfast and do seem ok with it

no it dont make you tried and i find it ok

have you ever tried cbt

i really would recormend that you ask for it i finding it really good understanding why i panic and hoping to get over it

take care and all the best

stefen x

• Posted

smile hi been on ven 150mg slow release for last 18 months and its the best thing that ever happened to me(anti-d way) i mean.

only side effect I have is a dry mouth and i don't mind that as it makes me drink water.

Caused sexual dysfuntion too for a while, but stick with it if this happens to you as it will come back in time.

i'm reducing to 75mg this week and feel fine. I was told to take it in the morning as it is slow release it wil help you during the day. Taking it at night would mean you were sleeping when it's in your blood stream and wouldn't get full benefits.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.