best time to take Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi ,coming off sertraline + going onto Mirtazapine on monday 15mg to start.Cross tapering them -cutting to 25mg sert for a week .Best time to mert as its meant to be a sedative

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When I was taking mirtazapine I was on 15 MG's and I took it anytime between 8.30pm and 10.30. I didn't notice any difference in time. I felt I went into natural sleep when I went to bed and did sleep well. I did find if I didn't get up straight away in the morning and thought I will have extra 10 mins I would go back to sleep for a couple of hours despite not feeling sleepy. Good luck hope it suites you.
  • Posted

Best time to take Mirt is as early in the evening as you can to help offset some of the drowsey sedation the next day. Oh and make sure you have some very strong coffee for the morning because yoyur going to need it!

• Posted

I was instructed to take it at night just before i went to bed. Be prepared for the  groggyness in the a.m and i do get a good sleep. However make sure you have a balanced meal at t-time,i had a pigout on choc and bypassed the meal. I was awake all night and finally fell asleep about 3.30a.m!! But that's maybe just me!!

Had a major rage the other night there again,i broke stuff,and ended up cut. I just stood totally dumbfounded, and not entirely aware of what i had just done. Think am feeling better today.

• Posted

Hi, I was on 50mg of setraline per day for 4 weeks  and found the first week or so I was restless and moving around a lot and couldnt sleep. I have just been switched to Mirtzapine 15mg per night and have been taking it for 5 days now. The doctor has signed me off work for a further two weeks to allow me to get used to the Mirtzapine and its side effects. I'm now getting a very good nights sleep, vivid but pleasant dreams. Hard to wake in the morning but trying to get up earlier each day at a time. Mouth is dry, loss of sense of taste, a strange flat feeling comes during the day and occasional bouts of tiredness. But hopefully this will all get better as the body and brain adjusts to the Mirtzapine. I take it at ten at night but might try a little earlier so I'm more drowsy and ready for bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.