Best time to take sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I get everyone's input on what time they take their sertraline/when they think is the best time to take it. I take mine in the morning as was told it might cause insomnia (which I had anyway so didnt want to make it worse), but I still have insomnia and actually think it might be worse.

Also, does anyone know when sertraline is 'at is best' or most potent - which time of the day, I heard it is about 7 hours after you take it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take mine at around 5pm. Had trouble sleeping when I first started but seems to have settled a bit noe x
  • Posted

I take it at 6.30am min to Fri then later on a weekend as I like a lie in then feel crap all day
  • Posted

I wouldn’t read too much into its potency. Once it’s in the bloodstream, it’s in.

Others might need a higher dose etc to feel better but the timing thing sounds a little off if I’m honest.

I take mine in the morning. How long have you been taking it? I found the first couple of months pretty tough sleep wise and now far better 

• Posted

I tried both morning and evening.  Both times have the same effect one me . I really don’t think a time matters. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.