Best time to take Venlafaxine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am currently taking 37.5mg of venlafaxine twice a day, i want to cut down to once a day, but not sure whether to take it in the morning or at night. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks, Gill

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I took mine in the am. Because it disturbed my sleep if I took it at hs. Before bed. Make sure u take it at the exact same time everyday.

• Posted

Hi Gill,

Ive always been told to take my bigger dose in the morningng so I'd do the same with a single dose. Make sure yu eat something first though- i learnt the hard way!

Good luck.

x

• Posted

I'd take it in the morning so hopefully any ill effects happen whilst your asleep and hopefully go in-noticed?! X
  • Posted

I have always takn mine in the morning but my daughter informed me that they should be taken at night as they can help you sleep better,.  Someone else might of heard or know this also.
  • Posted

I always took mine in the morning.  I think you have to try both to see what suits you best.
  • Posted

Thanks for ur replies everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.