best way to increase dosage?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm currentlY on  10mg and going for my doctors review tomorrow iI know she is going to increase my dosage to 20mg but iI'm so scared of increased anxiety and wierdness would you say going to 15mg for awhile would be better?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Don`t worry 20mg is still a very low dosage, you are more likely to feel better, rather than worse.

• Posted

My dr put me on 20mg from 10mg two weeks ago. Last weekend i was in a terrible state anxiety & panics in my stomach it was awful . Went to drs today & she has put me back down to 10mg. Said i must have to much serotonin now. Hopefull y this will work. Good luck .
  • Posted

Hiya hun how long you been on citalopram im also on citalopram for nealy 3 weeks and feel dreadful at mo panicking when im eating food so dont eat and no sleep and constant yawning which has made my face ache so much i was on mitazipine for 10 years and been of them for 3 weeks dose this get better and what symtoms do you have im aslo back at docters on friday liz ☺
    • Posted

Hey hun it's my 2nd wk I'm still having anxiety all day long but worse in mornings, my symptoms r mainly head related feel strange lightheaded dizziness, eyes don't focus properly racing thoughts,  pressure in head overall just don't feel right u?
    • Posted

Hiya hun i know what you saying its not nice but people saying have to give the 6 to 8 weeks 😢finding it difficult at mo im getting to the point were im panicknig more and feel spaced out and nothing feels real infront ov ya eyes sound unreal but is real keep me posted hun and let me know how you get on after a couple ov weeks hope things get better for all liz ☺
    • Posted

Hmm yeah it's hard work I feel like that too spacey/foggy n kinda surreal, yeah keep in touch it's nice to know I'm not alone but sorry u feel this way too sad
    • Posted

Hiya hun sorry for you to but iv some realy good stories about this drug so ride it out and stay strong and thank you holly liz😊
    • Posted

Hey girls i have just gone passed two weeks and i also had the worse side effects ever i was even going to stop taking them. Theni joined here and the support has been great and what they all say it does get better. Im feeling loads better now still not 100% but im up and about with alot of energy to which i havemnt had in a very long time. Hang in there its all worth and i hope your both feeling good soon .

lots of love x x x

• Posted

As Tunis has said, 20mg is still quite a low dose and unless you have very specific issues that are out of the ordinary, you'll probably feel better on this dose than on 10mg.  The whole point of cit is to decrease not increase anxiety, that's why you've been prescribed it.  Side effects are common whatever dosage you're on so probably won't be any different from your current level.  
    • Posted

I had increased anxiety for first week so scared il have it again increasing dose x
  • Posted

Hi all

STAY STRONG. I was on ten, I then was put on 20 and I went through about 2 weeks of horrendous side effects. I've come out the other side and feel amazing. You may only need 10, btu this was just my situation. Please don't let side effects put you off. i think for me I told myself I'd rather go through the side effects hardcore knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel rahter (I've taken citalopram before so know they work) than ease up and prolong everything. 

Hope this helps. But we're all different xx

• Posted

Hmm I'm so scared of more sideeffects thatshe y wondered how if going to 15 for awhile then 20 might be better?
    • Posted

Well definitely if you feel more comfortable tat way for sure! There's no harm in doing it that way. How about try 15 for a week an see how you feel? Then if you feel a bit better you can move up but if not stay on 15 for another week x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.