Best way to keep dressing dry

Posted , 18 users are following.

Ok, I need your fab tips on how I can shower but keep the dressing dry

We tried cling film tonight and that kind of worked but wondered if someone had worked out a genius idea (apart from not showering)

Thanks xxxx

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I go for op in two weeks and have been looking for "shower alternatives". I have bought a foam no water shampoo...tried it and it's ok. Also a liquid no water shampoo (yet to try).  I have also bought some large wet wipe type things...not tried yet.  Found these products on disability supply sites...its a whole new world! Also advertised as "festival"products.... I may not need any as I think my hospital uses the waterproof dressings and I have a walk in shower!   ....... What an adventure!
  • Posted

what was the name of that stuff you used to keep dressing dry. Everything i try falls off in the shower

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.