Beta blocker 1

Posted , 3 users are following.

(I already send this pist but i consult now a gasterologist so i increase post what outcome in this visit)

I have heart problem. .my age is 37 and i m single. More than 200 ecgs 3 time echo one time Ct Angio has done in last 5 year. But in stress test or ETT i failed. I van run only 4 mile per hour for 10 mint. My heart sinking dizzling high blood presure. It feel that is going to fail. It will stop working. Last year 2 times i was admitted in hospital emergency room. I was feeling my heart is stoped and not oxygen is passing through it. I go in emergency they took my ecg and admit me. They continues taking my ecgs after 2 hours. Afyer 12 hours in morning when seniour cardiologist visit me he saw my latest ecg of morning and said you can go home. No problem you have its just anxiety.

This happend with me 3 time. But believe me when my heart was stoping not getting oxygen its feel i m going to die. But nothing happend.

Then i go to my regular cardiologist and show him that ecg on which emergency cardiologist staff and dr decided to admitt me. I asked my cardiologist what is in this ecg so they decided to admitt me. He said nothing . All was normal.

Now i want to ask all of u respected members tell me if my ecg is no right so they admitt me but why my cardiologist told me no problem ecg is normal. Its mean there a little problem comes in heart but after some time its go away. But some people said if you hv heart problem the symptoms dont go away. Mean its never happend after some rest your ecg became normal. So matter is this i believe i have not 100 percent anxiety i have heart problem. When this heart problems comes i become afraid and then anxiety attacks.

Please you give me suggestion what is actually happend. If i hv not heart problem why was ecg wrong.

I cannot travel in plane. My heart sink. I cannot run or do heavy exercise. I asked my cardiologist please tell me truth but he said he has no need to escape or hidden any thing from me.

I think cardiologist know my heart is so weak its musscles are so weak so it will finish slowly slowly. So he dont want to discourage me. And dont tell me truth.

No from 1 month i hv stomach problem gastric problem. It feels my heart is stoping. Today night i also cannot sleep all night. My breath was stoping but i check on oximeter it was 95 anf blood presure was normal. Its feel my heart mussules are stiff. And i hv fear that suddenly a big pain araise from my chest of heart attack. I dont say i hv all time anxiety.

I visit 2 day ago a famous gastrologist and told him all story of my cardiologist and anxiety. He said no need to fear. He give me beta blocker 1 and one more tablet for anxiety. He said stop my cardiologist medicines( tri cardian,propranolol).

So i read about beta blocker on google. I read it is given to escape 2nd heart attack but i did not have first heart attack. Gasterologist checked my chest with his plam and ask me to talk long breath. He placed palm at different places of chest like stomach etc. So i m afraid why he give me beta blocker. Is my heart condition is serious????????????????????

Please tell me why dr dont told me truth. I lost very much money on tests and doctors and om traveling for hospital charges. At this time when i m writing my throat is also feeling narrow. My life is ruined. Cannot travel long trip. Dr say i have only fear. But i dont believe.

Please tell me what i do. Thanks alot all of you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gloria-Mike,

Im not sure i can be of much help to you but after reading your post just felt i had to reply. I think i understand the gist of your post and that is you have real fear that something is seriously wrong with your heart and have been fobbed off with being told your symptoms are because of anxiety. I understand your fears and hope by relaying my experience you might get a little reassurance. A few years ago i started to get the feeling my heart was sort of jumping..skipping a few beats..which in itself didnt cause me any real problems. I would sometimes feel like i had to catch my breath. Things progressed and although it wasnt happening too often when it did my heart started to race and even though i tried to sit or stay very calm the symptoms would get worse and i felt like i couldnt breathe properly and was going to pass out. My chest would feel tight and i inwardly must have been anxious that i was going to have a heart attack or die. Also i was on medication for high blood pressure but sometimes that would shoot right up the highest was 250/130) and a few times my husband took me to hospital and once had to call an ambulance out. I had ECG's and was thoroughly checked out because of my family history of strokes and heart attacks. I wasnt made to feel a nusiance or a hyperchondriac at all but did worry i would be fobbed off with "panic attacks" when i was convinced something wasnt quite right. The ECG's were all ok. Nothing showed up. Then I was given a 48hr monitor to wear and the readings showed up 2 brief episodes of Atrial Tachycardia. The relief was huge. I was not imagining something happening to me. Something was but it wasnt life threatening and i was put on a beta blocker..Bisoprolol at first then Propranalol which ive found much better. Its hard to think back to how bad i was and what a horrible time that was because it was so scary and when these episides happened i just couldnt function, i could barely walk. The diagnosis was Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia. When i look back if im being honest as much as i like to think i am a very calm person i think at the time inwrdly i probably did panic which wouldnt have helped the symptoms. I have been fine these past few years being on the beta blocker, 40mg 3 x day. I hope you get your problems sorted but im sure doctors wont keep anything from you. Keep a record if you can of your symptoms..when they happen etc. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

Firstly if you have a medical condition, doctors are not allowed to fob you off or lie to you. And yes if you had a heart condition, it would show up on the tests. 

I was taking propanol for headaches and anxiety. It is used for many things.

2 years ago I thought I had a heart condition and had lots of tests. I convinced myself I was ill and became very frightened and stopped doing things. I stopped living life. I developed health anxiety. So I started taking propanol and took a step back from my negative thoughts. Within 2 weeks I was feeling much better. 

It’s scary thinking these things but you need to take some steps to distract yourself when you feel overwhelmed. The stress and anxiety is not doing you any good.

• Posted

Today i travel in car for 2 hour. After drop at home my heart is badly sinking. Bp is 102/74. Heart is burning what i do.

Now i m lying on bed my heart has huge burdon.

U hv the main advantage that u dont smoke. Smoking is big problem for me. Tell me how i quit it.

• Posted

Your heart doesn’t burn. You are probably suffering from indigestion / heart burn. You need to find ways to relax and stop overthinking things. Have you started taking the propanol?

I don’t smoke so cannot tell you how to stop. Speak to your doctor about stopping. 

• Posted

I day i travel in car for 2 hour. After drop at home my heart is badly sinking. Bp is 102/74. Heart is burning what i do.
  • Posted

Gloria reading your post is so much like me me.  I’ve finally decided ,yes my heart is normal for the problems it has.  So the doctors are telling you right when they say it’s normal.  No one can tell you any different because no one knows when your heart might stop.  Only God knows.  I seem to be taking the same meds your taking and lots of time I still don’t feel well.  I feel weak and hard to breathe. So I just rest more, then I feel better and can be more active.  

I have had four events with actual heart attack twice and have 4 stints.  This has been 5 years now for me.  And yes be made peace with myself.  Life is really good.  I’m wishing you luck and prayers to be strong.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.