beta blocker not working

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello people.

Just wanting to gain some insight into a problem I’ve been having.

In January I developed constant Pvcs.

Over 29 trips to the emergency room and a holter moniter later and i was prescribed propranolol for my ectopic beats.

I have had all types of rhythm patterns associated with Pvcs and they all suck.

I have also had many problems with my stomach for a really long time.

I recently went under for an endoscopy and they have seen that I have peptic ulcers, not a problem, treatable.

The very next day I started veripamil (calcium channel blocker) for my Pvcs as propranolol only does so much, and the first day I started the new medication, I couldn’t ease my heart rate.

The next day I took the medication thinking it may be a medication change problem and the same things happened, 

Fast heart rate, a few episodes of what I think were SVT and constant Pvcs.

I went to my GP who told me to stop the veripamil and go back on propranolol until I could see my cardiologist.

I did that and I noticed that the propranolol took away the anxiety but still didn’t take away the super fast heart rate.

And then I realised with my phone cardio app that every time I lay/sit and then stand. My heart rate goes up heaps and stays up.

So I went to the cardiologist and he tested me for POTS syndrome.

Waiting the results until this Friday.

If I have POTS, and beta blockers or calcium channel blockers won’t  stop my tachycardia whenever I stand, what other medications or medical procedures (ablation) can I do because I’m very worried that my heart rate will never return back to its former glory.

I’m worried about my job, I stand all day and I’m worried about my life being over.

I’m scared that my heart rate will never go down, any help is much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.