beta blockers

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone know about taking beta blockers for anxiety

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had beta blockers for anxiety but they didn't help a lot. My GP changed them for other medications. I now take Mirtazapine and Pregabalin and I'm pretty good: going to study the Mindfulness which seems so successful (got it downloaded, audio version, on Kindle Sky). I'd rather be medications free - for one thing I could then have a g + t in the evenings !!
  • Posted

Hi, Joyce I have haven't heard of taking beta blockers for anxiety. Sorry I can't help
  • Posted

Dear Joyce,

Beta Blockers are given as a Prophylactic for Anxiety,

It works well and must be taken for some amount of time.

I feel you are well anxious as with yesterdays discussion, 

I hope my words can help you find some rest.

If you have an Android phone device, There is this helpful program called, Stop Panic that I would recommend, Try listening to the Relaxation audios in it, You will find it difficult at first, But slowly, It will help you.

Remember, Anxiety is like a small wound,

The more you pick on it with a toothpick, the more it takes time to heal.

The feelings of dreamy state, and Lightheadedness, Dont worry about them, You are not losing control Ok.

I am there as a friend.

• Posted

Tks Vijay

I have been to dr this morning and he thinks as I have tried two ssri I may not be tolerant of them and now given me  mirtazapine.  Just about to read up on it. Tks

• Posted

Hi Joyce

I have been on Atenolo almost a year as part of my high blood pressure regimen. It does very little to help my anxiety. I still get angina like chest pains when I am anxious and my heart races and palpates. It's been a dead end road for me.

Best of luck to you

Teresa

• Posted

Horrible for me. Brought on terrible high pitched tingy sound and i felt surreal.   Calcium channel blockers are the worst though. The absolute worst. I dropped so much weight it had lowered the bp. Since gained back ten and now have a phobia of bp machines. Got a book the blood pressure solution but havent read it yet.anxiety raises bp a lot as well. I went theu hell with bp meds so far and stopped. I learned many people metabolize medicine too slowly so they get a build up and bad side effects as a result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.