Beta Blockers

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone take these?, would they help with my anxiety disorders?  any particular reommendations?  There's got to be something out there to help.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The medicatiins, if you are fortunate enough to find one that works well, are all temporary when used for anxiety attacks. You have to learn how to cope with stress with cbt and breathing. Its your own coping mechanisms you are taking anti anxiety meds because you keep triggering fight or flight. Which i unfortunately understand but you cant think the pills are a cure, you are not ill its a faulty mechanisms that you have to relearn. So when you are on the meds and calmer you learn it. You can do it in therapy with counselor, or through audiobooks.doing nothing but taking meds will only work short term until your mind becomes used to the meds and then off you go again.i think the blood pressure meds supposedly relieve some symptoms. I couldnt use them. there is no quick fix for panic attacks. Fear is a very strong thing and unless your own mind has some tools and resources to fight it it kind of wins. There is also alternative medicines and doctors that specialize in this with complimentary medicines so there is a lot more out there then what traditional medicines use and anxiety has been around long before any of these ssris or any traditional pill. I think some alternatives use both too. You really need to have an open mind on healing your mind because it can only help you. Most of the audiobooks are written by people who have struggled and succeded too. Cbt is extremly effective but it requires you to be a calm state to pay attention and really practice it. They even have group counseling that does this together. So dont give up and dont rely on a little pill long term. I have been on and off woth this anxiety stuff for decades, and until i realized it was not an illness ..but me ..and until i really started paying attention and integrating the cbt and breathing it was worse. It would be fantastic is there was something out there that you could use as a quick fix, and maybe one day there will be but for now you really have to put in the work. You are honestly your own worst enemy in all this and thats what you have to change at some point. Everyone of us who has had these horrible panic attacks usually have ptsd if not before the attacks id say after the attacks because anxiety is debilitaing id you do not get a handle on it. So yes there are many things out there if you look and search for help to help yourself. Be very patient and loving to yourself, there are people who fix themselves and many who wax and wane and get it to a manageable level to cope with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.