Beta Blockers

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello me again,

Just wondering if people have used beta blockers, I've been on 50mg sertraline daily for 2 weeks now and my anxiety has worsened which I know is a side affect at first. Really need something to help me as its really dragging me down, especially in social situations. My heart is racing and my brain and thoughts are going ten to the dozen, also getting panic attacks at night too.

Thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yea I take and they are amazing best thing I ever did by getting put on them😊
    • Posted

great stuff, thats really good to know thank you. Gonna go docs tomorrow. Glad theyre working for u smile
  • Posted

I do not think i am a fan of anti depressant pills as it would be hard for you to get off them later on in life. However, since you started them already, you just need to relax. Remember everything is going on inside your head! it is all chemicals it is not really your health.
    • Posted

It wasnt a decision i made lightly, I was really apprahensive about taking them at first. Just felt like that was my only option after councilling didn't really help me. Thanks for the message. I know my thoughts are irrational and Im slowly getting better at learning to nip it in the bud when i do become panicky. Just felt like I was at dire straits rolleyes 
    • Posted

I know what you feel, anxiety sucks especially at night. It just comes with no warning nor anything. Just try to keep your self busy, maybe read a book that helped me. 
  • Posted

Hi Faye I am on sertraline and beta blockers, they really do help I only take now when needed, hang on in there
  • Posted

I take 10mg 3 X Aday people talk 40mg but I think that is far to much
  • Posted

I have taken beta blockers before and would again.They tackle and calm the symptoms which in turn relieve the anxiety as you don't feel as bad X. Worth a go I would say x. Good luck
  • Posted

I am on Sertraline and beta blockers. There is nothing wrong in taking these if you need them. The Sertraline side effects are not nice but it will wear off. Ihave been on them 6 weeks now and starting to feel better. Hang in there Faye you will be okay xx
  • Posted

Despised them and went off 11 days later. Had horrible side effects. 
  • Posted

Ive just started on propranolol 40mg once a day but can take up to 3 a day from the first day I noticed a difference my anxiety was deffo more calmer and has continued to be like this I googled reviews for it and it's one of the best beta blockers for anxiety
  • Posted

I only take 10mg 3 X Aday and that is a very small dose and it works great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.