Beta blockers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone tell me can beta blockers cause u to feel hot or skin  to ...... my face  and parts of my body feel warm or hot constantly 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I didn't get this symptom from Bisoprolol, but I got a host of other symptoms all related to a disrupted Autonomic Nervous System which is what beat blockers do, they block adrenaline receptors in your Autonomic Nervous System, they disrupt it.

Now whilst I didn't get your particular symptom, if you look up "Temperature controlled by the Autonomic Nervous System", you will find that your symptom is controlled by the system beta blockers disrupt, so yeah, could be.

• Posted

Hi Gary. I constantly feel hot and skin hot to touch. I also get very sweaty, and constantly have to change all my clothes. I have never sweat like this and it is so embarrassing. I have been on bisoprolol now for over 12 months 2.5mg.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for ur reply 12 months u say there no way I can stand 12 more weeks never mind 12 months .... the number of side effects r unbelievable 

Hope u r feeling better 

• Posted

Hi Gary,  when I first started medication for my AF after a few weeks I noticed that I was getting very hot flushes that would come & go, I mentioned this to my gp who to be honest wasn’t that interested, but as time went on I became worse to the point I felt my skin was sunburnt, wasn’t a particular body part as could be anywhere then move elsewhere. For a while I was sitting in my garden in just my shorts in the winter just to try get some relief. I had to go back to my gp & insisted something wasn’t right. As this started around the time of my medication started, I had to stop each of my medication for a 2week period to see if notice any change which then highlighted that it was Bisoloprolol that was making me feel that way. When they looked further into it,there is a skin sensitivity side effect to this medication that is possible but my gp informed me not the level I had,  but not been on Bisoloprolol now for almost 6mths & apart from a couple occasions the severe sunburnt feeling has gone. I went onto Sotalol & feel much better for it.

I wish you the very best,Dean.

• Posted

Hi thanks for that just sick of all the side effects 

Just so down with it 

Thanks again 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.