Skip to content
Ad

Bisoprolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Bisoprolol, Cardicor, Congescor, Emcor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bisoprolol and hair loss?

Has anyone experienced their hair thinning whilst taking Bisoprolol? I have been on it now for getting on for 4 years and in that time have noticed that my hair is much thinner than it was, yes I am getting older and know that hair can thin as we age as well, but wondered if this drug was contributing...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol - My experience

I'm a reasonably fit 73 year old man and here is my experience of Bisoprolol. In August 2015 I started having fits of what I define as arrhythmia. My pulse went into a '1 2 pause, 1 2 pause rhythm. It lasted for a couple of house and then stopped for no apparent reason. This happened on just...

Last reply
  • Starting my weaning off journey with Bisoprolol

hi guys, im 30 years old and have been on 2.5mg bisoprolol for 10+ years over 1 episode i had, really rapid heart rate after smoking some marijuana, i was bed ridden and terrified to get out of bed because my heart was beating so fast i would almost pass out. that last about a week until i got put on...

Last reply
  • Suggestion

I have been depressed for nothing for long days, I am a diabetic patient for two years and also blood pressure for 1 month. my age is 36  

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol buddies

Hello fellow Bisoprolol buddies - I cannot actually believe that I didn't think of doing a search on Bisoprolol earlier as it is so comforting to have discovered this web page. I have been taking Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg daily for the past 3 years following a frightening episode in town which resulted...

Last reply
  • Tapering bisoprolol. Bob52204

Bob52204, I hope you find this new post, I literally lost the last I had written you. It is some where in a maze of other posts... I have a couple questions if you would be so kind as to enlighten me. You may recall I was tapering off of 10mg of bisoprolol. Currently I am at 5 and tomorrow will go to....

Last reply
  • PVCs now arrthmias , beta blocker cause :(

Hello, I'm after (hopefully) some reassurance and advice. To cut a long story short I've been having single pvcs for about a  year ,I get them everyday   I reluctantly decided to try beta blockers(bisoprolol) as a doctor said they should suppress them and wouldn't kill me . well...

Posted
  • How do I manage my weight?

I have been taking 10mg Bisoprolol since I was 6 or 7, I am now 19. I have always had issues with my weight and I have been told that it most likely has a lot to do with my medication which tires me out quicker, and also causes weight gain. It seems no matter how hard I try, I am always gaining weight....

Last reply
  • Bisoporal

Freaking out! Everything that I have read about stopping this medication has been awful. I take it for HBP and palpitations. Also the thudfing heart beat. I have been taking this medication 5mg a day for three years religiously. However, we just had a baby and I thought I had taken it this morning...

Last reply
  • Different brands of bisporolol...

I've been taking 1.25mg bisoprolol per day for just over two months. The first 8 weeks were OK after a couple of days getting used to them. Last Monday I started a new brand and have started to experience side effects such as lethargy, tiredness and an occasional feeling of 'unsteadiness'....

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol 1.25mg

Has anyone found their heart beats hard and forcefully since being on bisoprolol? I take 1.25mg a day. As far as I know I have nothing wrong with my heart but put on bisoprolol as my regular non specific beta blocker (Inderal LA) was discontinued. I was put on it 8 years ago for migraine only.

Last reply
  • Beta blocker/Bisoprolol withdrawal and breathlessness

Hi. I am 43 yrs old and have been on beta blockers (initially metoprolol and then bisoprolol) for svt the last ten years. I had an ablation which went wrong and I ended up on higher doses of beta blocker after that (8yrs ago). They added in flecainide a year ago as they wanted to drop my bisoprolol down...

Last reply
  • I Want to Stop Bisoprolol Completely 1.25mg

I am taking 1,125mg of bisoprolol for about 5 years. My cardiologist agreed that I could try dropping the drug. He says it's a very low dose, almost homeopathic and could leave without problems. I disagree and 2-3 times that I stopped taking it, I had serious and severe anxiety problems, palpitations...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol

is there another beta blocker apart from Bisoprolol and propranolol that doesn’t,t affect breathing?

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol

i,m on bisoprolol 1.25 mg since February this year for svt, I have ectopic heartbeats and I have a murmur, it makes me feel terrible breathless and pressure in my chest, my heartbeat feels very strong this afternoon and I feel as if my chest is going to burst.  Does anyone else experience this?...

Posted
  • Breathlessness Stopping BBs

I stopped taking 1.25mg Bisoprolol after 4 weeks due to the awful side effects. 2.5 weeks on and I feel very breathless with a heavy pressure on my chest. I am light headed and suffering from brain fog. I am hoping it is just withdrawal as described on here and I am not going to feel this way from now...

Last reply
  • Side effects bisprol

Recently had to have some tests due to comms syndrome, so was taken off bisprol 5mg after 7 days was in a& e with dangerous levels of potassium and was so ill just wondered if it's happened to anyone else, been told I will not be able to come off the bisprol Thank you for reading

Posted
  • Bisoprolol dizziness

Hi ... just started small dosage of bisoprolol as a remedy for paroxismal atrial fibrillation.  A little concerned at the dizziness and 'spaced out feeling' I'm getting.  Looking for reassurance that this is harmless and my body adjusting!  Heart and blood pressure normal though. ...

Last reply
  • Stopping Bisoprolol Completely 1.25mg

I have been taking Bisoprolol 1.25mg for about 2 months now. I had a heart stent 2.5 months ago and a second one 1 month ago. My echocardiogram is normal. I have suffered from low blood pressure most of my life and i want to come off the Bisoprolol now, but I am getting no support from my GP or Consutant....

Last reply
  • Bradycardia after weaning off Bisoprolol

Hi I am feeling very grateful that I am no longer on Bisoprolol and the withdrawal effects of heart rate all over the place and anxiety etc have stopped.   I had to come off Bisoprolol after being on beta blockers for 23 years due to HBP.   My blood pressure is normal now.  The reason...

Last reply
  • I'm 16 and taking bisoprolol

Hi, I'm 16 years old and just wondering whether it is normal to be taking a beta blocker at such a young age?? I originally took atenolol, but it didn't work so I'm now on bisoprolol and have been for about 5 - 6 months. Before taking them, my resting heart rate was 90 bpm and would regularly...

Last reply
  • Help please - 9 years deep and about to stop Bisoprolol

Hi everyone, Bit of background... 9 years ago was put on bisoprolol 2.5mg for palpitations. (Was under a lot of stress at the time). They did solve the problem. Came down to 1.25mg and continued for a couple of years. Long story short I've been up and down between 1.25 and 2.5mg for all that time. ...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol Side Effects

Hi Everyone, sorry if you're all getting tired of me!  I've had my gripes with this darn drug, came off it, had tachycardias like I've never known before, had to go back on it because Verapamil didn't suit and then - believe it or not I've been praising the Sandoz brand. ...

Last reply
  • Problems with low blood sugar - bisoprolol

Hello, i forgot to mention reason for taking bisoprolol last time. (My short term memory seems to be getting worse)!! .. Oh yes, i had a fast heart rate n palpitations which i put up with for a time, but after a while I couldn't stand the feeling of being on a constant high and my heart pounding...

Last reply
  • Worsening side effects on bisoprolol

I was diagnosed on Tuesday night with Bradycardia with episodes of ventricular ectopics. I was taken off the two BB's I have been taking for 17 odd years since I had a stroke and cardiac arrest and prescribed 1.25mg Bisoprolol instead. The palpitations are bad enough but the side effects are worse....

Last reply
  • bisoprolol

I have paroxismal a fib.  I didnt notice my repeat prescription for bisoprolol was for 2.5 mg instead of my usual 1.25 .  I carried on taking this higher does my usual twice  a day for a month or so until I noticed it.  I then reduced it back to 1.25 twice a day.  I was...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol 2.5 mg Sandoz

Hi Everyone,  I've had 8 fabulous weeks on Bisoprolol 2.5 mg produced by Sandoz.  I know many of you don't like this brand, but after 5+ years I was actually able to 'live'!  I fought tooth and nail to stay on this over the last 2 weeks instead of changing to Carvedilol. ...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol 1.25mg Do I need this

Im 51 and terrified. I went to Dr as keep getting breathless and she said she didn't think it was my heart. She took a blood test and later that evening she phoned saying I had to go to A&E as Troponin levels where very high. At A& E had chest X-ray, ECG and blood test and troponin was still...

Last reply
  • Quitting Bisoprolol

Hi everyone A few moths ago I was put on Bioprolol because my GP suspected I had hypertension. I was on 3.75mg for 4 months. During that time I was expiriencing very bad side effects and after a few visits to renal clinics and cardiologists the doctors decided to take me off all medications.  I'm...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and angina

Hi all, I am a 48yo, male on 2.5 bisoprolol (Concor) for 4 months now for aortic root dilation and aortic regurgitation. Since the beginning, I have had sensations similar to those mentioned by you all in this forum. However, nobody seemed to have noted that these symptoms are angina (lack of oxygen...

Last reply
  • How many years should I take bisoprolol?

Hi All. I'm 55 now and had an MI just over four years ago followed by two stents. Ever since I've been on a daily baby aspirin, statin and 1.5 mg of bisoprolol fumarate. The hospital I go to (in HK) seems to just renew my medication each time I go back, without a proper discussion with a doctor....

Last reply
  • can bisoprolol or Rivaroxaban cause raised iron levels?

Hi, i have been diagnosed with AF a couple of months ago,& i have been put on both Bisoprolol 2.5mg & Rivaroxaban 20mg both once per day. ​I have been feeling very tired & been getting aches & pains which i understand are part of the side effects of the medications. I had a blood test...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.