Skip to content

Bisoprolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Bisoprolol, Cardicor, Congescor, Emcor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Beta blockers

Stopped taking bisoprolol 4 days ago because of the mountain of side effects started taking nebivolol at night feel ill on off though out the day ... change it taken it this morning and 2 hours later feel lightheaded brain fog and tired ....  can it really start that quick  Had enough of all...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol

Been on this 5 weeks and feel ill ... can this small tablet cause so much .... I really am a mess lightheaded  Breathless head feels weird like pressure tinnitus got real loud and much more  Come of it 2 days ago  still feel as bad been put on nebivolol Can stand this anymore 

Last reply
  • Beta blockers

Hi can anyone tell me can beta blockers cause u to feel hot or skin  to ...... my face  and parts of my body feel warm or hot constantly 

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol, pvc beats and anxiety

Hi all I became ill about a month ago at work. Dizziness, palps, shivery, very flu like. This went on for a few week until i visited the gp. He took bloods and said i was fine, plenty of rest needed. A week later i was back. The headaches, palps at night, cold sweats, dizziness and lightheadedness had...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol hctz

So ive been on this medication for 3 months now. 2.5-6.25 dose for high blood pressure. In 29 and is it just me or does anyone else feel tired all the time. Have leg cramps ( which have recently just appeared) and my hands and feet feel cold a lot!! I feel like I'm just being paranoid because I read...

Last reply
  • Side effects Bisoprolol

Hi there ,new to this group and thank you for adding me.I have been on Bisoprolol 5 mg for several yrs.I take this for HB P only.For several months I have felt ill about 2 hrs after taking meds.i feel sick ,lightheaded woolly not me,I am also very tired and have suffered having dreams for a long time...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and Ramipril

Hi, Has anybody taken Bisoprolol alongside other BP reduction medication and had side effects? I am currently on 5 mg Bisoprolol and 5mg Ramipril daily and since starting taking them (3rd day today) I have been experiencing severe stomach cramps which have affected my movement and kept me awake during...

Last reply
  • Sinus tachycardia problem.

I have sinus tachycardia since Aug 2016 but since going on Bisoprolol 1.25 l have felt awful. Am having early morning wake ups with my heart beating so fast it scares me. Just last night, well early morning really,it was going at 160 the fastest it'd been ever. I am tapering off the Bisoprolol and...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol side effect

Hi can anyone one tell me did they suffer with lightheaded and breathless also feeling drained no energy .... did the effects  get worst 4/5  after taking it . Really of with everything at the moment  Any feed back would be grateful  Thanks Gary 

Last reply
  • Bisoprol

Hi short temper, bursting into tears, tiered all the time muscle pain, joint pain

Last reply
  • Bisoprlol withdraw,any help please

Im A 54 YEAR OLD BUILDER HAD AN MI ON JAN 15TH 2018,SENT FOR ANGIOGRAM AT JOHN RADCLIFF HOSPITAL IN OXFORD,ALL CORANY ARTERYS WERE ALL GOOD ,AS IVE NEVER SMOKED AND BEEN QUITE ACTIVE. SO I THOUGHT I WOULD GO BACK TO WORK I A COUPLE OF WEEKS,THEN THEY PUT ME ON THE DREADED MEDS,AFTER JUST 2 DAYS,I COULDNT...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and diazapam

Hi I take bisoprolol 1.25mg as and when I have palps. I’m having them bad now. But when I take it although it’s a tiny dose it makes me breathless. So I was wondering if I could take my diazepam 5mg to counteract the breathlessness. I’m also flying next week and I can’t get on a plane without my diazapam...

Last reply
  • Bisoprol

Thanks for that, what about Ramipril is that the same I think the have more or less the same side effects. Don't think there is very much aftercare for heart patients i visit yearly to have my medication checked tell them every year about whats going on but I feel it falls on deaf ears

Last reply
  • Bisoprol

Sorry to hear that hope you are ok now. I don't think the GPs take it seriously enough iv booked another appointment to see if I can get something sorted again I feel like giving up on the GPs

Last reply
  • Stopping Bisoprolol

Hi there. I was prescribed Bisoprolol 1.25mg for blood pressure but now among other things it has lowered my heart rate to the 50s. I cut it in half for more than a week but still no change in my heart rate. I am Planning  to go see my GP this week. I am also planning to miss today half dose has...

Last reply
  • Bisoprol

Yes that's exactly how I'm feeling but all my doctors say that iv been taking them for to long for the symptoms to be from Bisoprol don't know what to do anymore thanks

Last reply
  • pace maker and metropolis

I have a Pacemaker that is only used intermittently to speed my pulse up and prevent flatlining.  After my umpteenth episode of AF and many cardiofversions and three ablations I am now not in AF but as a preventative I am supposed to take 25mg of Metropolol twice a day. I find this slows my heart...

Last reply
  • 2.5 bisoprolol side effects

Hi there been on 2.5 bisoprolol for 6 weeks and 2.5 ramiripl aswell .first weeks were ok now get so week and shakey and weaknesses in arms and legs and like electric shock feeling in my fingers thinking on halfing my tablets to see if it helps making feel ill ramipril for high blood pressure and bisoprolol...

Last reply
  • so i stopped bisoprolol after 1 week.

hi guys started bisoprolol on a tuesday and ended it for good on a monday...started with 2.5 mg and then 1.25 mg for 5 days and finally .625 on last day and was told to start verapamil.....on the next day however.... ​my heart kept jumping UP AND UP...felt so tired i couldnt come out of bed for 4 days...on...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol Side Effects

Hi All, I’m wondering if anyone has had side effects frim Bisoprolol and could share what they were?  Ive been on Bisoprol now for 12 months and have been suffering insomnia among other issues. My cardiologist and GP refuse to change medication, not believing  in Side effects and seem to...

Last reply
  • Stopping 1.25mg bisoprolol after one and half month

I had stent in LAD about 1 and half years back.... my cardio told me to start 1.25mg bisoprolol on 23rd Nov but on 01 Jan after about one month i woke up feeling breathless after a couple of drinks on new years. . Thereafter the breathless feeling used to happen everyday for sometime in mornings and...

Last reply
  • help with new bisoprolol

hello everyone... i have recently been given bisoprolol 2.5 mg for frequent tachyardia episodes and also high bp of an average 150/110. after taking 2.5 mg i turned into a zombie and felt very tired....so my dr told me to cut it to 1.25 mg. but even with this dose my resting heart rate is in 45s and...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol buddies

Hello fellow Bisoprolol buddies - I cannot actually believe that I didn't think of doing a search on Bisoprolol earlier as it is so comforting to have discovered this web page. I have been taking Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg daily for the past 3 years following a frightening episode in town which resulted...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and take among other drugs Bisoporol. I have developed Tinnitus in both ears, normal whistle and bells in one ear and pulsative in the other. I decided to night to just check side effects of the drug, i only take 1.25 but it does say that it can cause ringing in the...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and Diarrhea as a side effect

Hi all, ​I started taking ​​Bisoprolol around 3 weeks ago for a combination of high blood pressure and Atrial Flutter and I've managed with some of the normal side effects (tiredness and cold feet mainly). I've also cut my calorie intake during this time and am back in the gym (no idea...

Last reply
  • Feeling anxious even though I'm taking my medication

About four weeks ago, my GP prescribed 5mg Bisoprolol daily for palpitations and anxiety, alongside other medications that I've been taking for a while: 200mg of Sertraline, 2mg Diazepam and 1.5mg Risperidone. I felt that the beta-blocker was helping at first and wasn't taking it daily. About...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol 1.25mg

Has anyone found their heart beats hard and forcefully since being on bisoprolol? I take 1.25mg a day. As far as I know I have nothing wrong with my heart but put on bisoprolol as my regular non specific beta blocker (Inderal LA) was discontinued. I was put on it 8 years ago for migraine only.

Last reply
  • Making bisoprolol

Is there any reason why we cannot take bisoprolol at night before bed, that may be better for the lethargic symptom instead of walking around in a dream all day,as if taken in the morning the worst of the effects are worn off about 6pm.

Last reply
  • Why does my heart beat keep changing ?

i have always been a fit athletic person.....marathon runs, mile swims etc. My parents both died young and I made up my mind to do my best to beat the health hazards. 10 years ago my doc noticed ectopic beats during a routine BP check (I was 55 and female) an ech cardio gram showed no issue so it was...

Posted
  • Should I still be feeling withdrawal symptoms from bisoprolol?

I was diagnosed with abfib 19 days ago. It was my first major episode. My heart rate went up to 144 bpm. I was put on 5mg of bisoprolol a day for a week. I reacted badly - was very drowsy, dizzy, short of breath when walking, numb fingers, always tired. I stopped taking it after one week. I have been...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and Pacemaker

8 years ago I was admitted to hospital with a heart rate in excess of 180. I was diagnosed with AF and heart failure and put on 10 mg Bisoprolol together with other heart drugs and had a pacemaker fitted as the Bisoprolol had slowed my heart to much. Last year I began to put on even more weight (I was...

Last reply
  • I've been depressed for 2 weeks, what should I do?

Hi all. I'm new to this so please be patient with me. Suffered AFib last April 2017 out of the blue and was put on Bisoporlol 1.25mg since. Suffered the usual Cold and tired but the last few weeks have been a nightmare. I'm gone so downhill and my mood has really suffered along with no sleep...

Last reply
  • Told to stop bisoprolol 2.5mg

I've been in bisoprolol 2.5mg for 3 weeks and the doctor told me to stop them today to see if it's them that's causing me to feel so rough. I'm still talking aspirin and ramipril in the morning. Not sure if to completely stop it only take half

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.