Skip to content

Bisoprolol

Also known as Beta-blocker - Bisoprolol, Cardicor, Congescor, Emcor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Feeling anxious even though I'm taking my medication

About four weeks ago, my GP prescribed 5mg Bisoprolol daily for palpitations and anxiety, alongside other medications that I've been taking for a while: 200mg of Sertraline, 2mg Diazepam and 1.5mg Risperidone. I felt that the beta-blocker was helping at first and wasn't taking it daily. About...

Last reply
  • Stopping 1.25mg bisoprolol after one and half month

I had stent in LAD about 1 and half years back.... my cardio told me to start 1.25mg bisoprolol on 23rd Nov but on 01 Jan after about one month i woke up feeling breathless after a couple of drinks on new years. . Thereafter the breathless feeling used to happen everyday for sometime in mornings and...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and take among other drugs Bisoporol. I have developed Tinnitus in both ears, normal whistle and bells in one ear and pulsative in the other. I decided to night to just check side effects of the drug, i only take 1.25 but it does say that it can cause ringing in the...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol Side Effects

Hi All, I’m wondering if anyone has had side effects frim Bisoprolol and could share what they were?  Ive been on Bisoprol now for 12 months and have been suffering insomnia among other issues. My cardiologist and GP refuse to change medication, not believing  in Side effects and seem to...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and Diarrhea as a side effect

Hi all, ​I started taking ​​Bisoprolol around 3 weeks ago for a combination of high blood pressure and Atrial Flutter and I've managed with some of the normal side effects (tiredness and cold feet mainly). I've also cut my calorie intake during this time and am back in the gym (no idea...

Posted
  • Bisoprolol 1.25mg

Has anyone found their heart beats hard and forcefully since being on bisoprolol? I take 1.25mg a day. As far as I know I have nothing wrong with my heart but put on bisoprolol as my regular non specific beta blocker (Inderal LA) was discontinued. I was put on it 8 years ago for migraine only.

Last reply
  • Making bisoprolol

Is there any reason why we cannot take bisoprolol at night before bed, that may be better for the lethargic symptom instead of walking around in a dream all day,as if taken in the morning the worst of the effects are worn off about 6pm.

Last reply
  • Why does my heart beat keep changing ?

i have always been a fit athletic person.....marathon runs, mile swims etc. My parents both died young and I made up my mind to do my best to beat the health hazards. 10 years ago my doc noticed ectopic beats during a routine BP check (I was 55 and female) an ech cardio gram showed no issue so it was...

Posted
  • Should I still be feeling withdrawal symptoms from bisoprolol?

I was diagnosed with abfib 19 days ago. It was my first major episode. My heart rate went up to 144 bpm. I was put on 5mg of bisoprolol a day for a week. I reacted badly - was very drowsy, dizzy, short of breath when walking, numb fingers, always tired. I stopped taking it after one week. I have been...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and Pacemaker

8 years ago I was admitted to hospital with a heart rate in excess of 180. I was diagnosed with AF and heart failure and put on 10 mg Bisoprolol together with other heart drugs and had a pacemaker fitted as the Bisoprolol had slowed my heart to much. Last year I began to put on even more weight (I was...

Last reply
  • I've been depressed for 2 weeks, what should I do?

Hi all. I'm new to this so please be patient with me. Suffered AFib last April 2017 out of the blue and was put on Bisoporlol 1.25mg since. Suffered the usual Cold and tired but the last few weeks have been a nightmare. I'm gone so downhill and my mood has really suffered along with no sleep...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol buddies

Hello fellow Bisoprolol buddies - I cannot actually believe that I didn't think of doing a search on Bisoprolol earlier as it is so comforting to have discovered this web page. I have been taking Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg daily for the past 3 years following a frightening episode in town which resulted...

Last reply
  • Told to stop bisoprolol 2.5mg

I've been in bisoprolol 2.5mg for 3 weeks and the doctor told me to stop them today to see if it's them that's causing me to feel so rough. I'm still talking aspirin and ramipril in the morning. Not sure if to completely stop it only take half

Last reply
  • Low heart rate

I am now coming off Bisoprolol having been on beta blockers forb22years for high blood pressure.     Over the last few months I have had little energy, felt spaced out and my concentration and memory were poor.  I thought I was suddenly feeling my age.   I could still walk and go...

Last reply
  • Beta blocker/Bisoprolol withdrawal and breathlessness

Hi. I am 43 yrs old and have been on beta blockers (initially metoprolol and then bisoprolol) for svt the last ten years. I had an ablation which went wrong and I ended up on higher doses of beta blocker after that (8yrs ago). They added in flecainide a year ago as they wanted to drop my bisoprolol down...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol - How to come off them safely - Help wanted .. TIA

Some years ago I had what the Hospital said was an AF attack .. I was told I was just anxious & was producing too much adrenaline - which was also increasing my Blood Pressure .. I was given Bisoprolol 2.5mg twice a day, 12hrs apart - & also Losartan for the BP (now stopped & replaced with...

Last reply
  • Biso for sinus tac

I have a naturally fast heart rate and was advised to take bisoprolol (my resting was 98). I was prescribed 2.5 mg then went to 1.25mg because of weight gain and back to 2.5 mg when my pulse didn’t slow down enough. Recently I was prescribed 5mg which brought me down to 73bpm for a short while but now...

Last reply
  • Cold feet ?

Hi all Iam taking bisoprolol since May.for frequent pvc I had alot of bad symptoms  But for last month i have been having alot of cold feet and sometimes hands..with some tingling in feet and finguers sometimes. I asked my cardiologist he said maybe from the Bisoprolol. Did anyone feel it

Last reply
  • Bisoporol Friends!

I've been taking Bisoporol for a year and half for palpitations. 5mg daily. During this entire time, I've had severe nasal congestion. 0% air going in through the nose at times. It's effected my eyes also, watering constantly. I've assumed it was the Bisoporol causing this, so 7 days...

Last reply
  • New diagnosis of Angina and Bisoprolol

Hi everyone Unfortunately diagnosed with Angina about 3 weeks ago and now on on Aspirin, Statins and the dreaded Bisoprolol. Well here is my dilemma! I consider myself to be a fit 59 year old who cycles 40 miles plus, swims, hill walks and undertakes regular Cardio activities at the gym and after experiencing...

Last reply
  • Starting my weaning off journey with Bisoprolol

hi guys, im 30 years old and have been on 2.5mg bisoprolol for 10+ years over 1 episode i had, really rapid heart rate after smoking some marijuana, i was bed ridden and terrified to get out of bed because my heart was beating so fast i would almost pass out. that last about a week until i got put on...

Last reply
  • Weaning Off Bisprolol

I have been taking 1.25mg of Bisprolol for the past 6 days but it isn't for me.  Can I just stop taking it or should I wean myself off?

Last reply
  • New to bisoprolol after one episode

While in hospital having cancer treatment, I had one episode of atrial fibrillation (AF). They put me on 2.5mg of bisoprolol. That was six months ago. I have not had problems with my heart since, but I was feeling many of the effects described in the medicine leaflet under 'overdose' symptoms....

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and ramipril

Please excuse me if I'm being repetitive but new issues have arisen.  I had a small heart attack in May. No stents. Being treated medically.  Biso was cut down from 2.5 to 1.25 and I was on 2.5 of ramipril amongst all the other stuff.  At the beginning of September my consultant said...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol and hair loss?

Has anyone experienced their hair thinning whilst taking Bisoprolol? I have been on it now for getting on for 4 years and in that time have noticed that my hair is much thinner than it was, yes I am getting older and know that hair can thin as we age as well, but wondered if this drug was contributing...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol - My experience

I'm a reasonably fit 73 year old man and here is my experience of Bisoprolol. In August 2015 I started having fits of what I define as arrhythmia. My pulse went into a '1 2 pause, 1 2 pause rhythm. It lasted for a couple of house and then stopped for no apparent reason. This happened on just...

Last reply
  • Suggestion

I have been depressed for nothing for long days, I am a diabetic patient for two years and also blood pressure for 1 month. my age is 36  

Last reply
  • Tapering bisoprolol. Bob52204

Bob52204, I hope you find this new post, I literally lost the last I had written you. It is some where in a maze of other posts... I have a couple questions if you would be so kind as to enlighten me. You may recall I was tapering off of 10mg of bisoprolol. Currently I am at 5 and tomorrow will go to....

Last reply
  • PVCs now arrthmias , beta blocker cause :(

Hello, I'm after (hopefully) some reassurance and advice. To cut a long story short I've been having single pvcs for about a  year ,I get them everyday   I reluctantly decided to try beta blockers(bisoprolol) as a doctor said they should suppress them and wouldn't kill me . well...

Posted
  • How do I manage my weight?

I have been taking 10mg Bisoprolol since I was 6 or 7, I am now 19. I have always had issues with my weight and I have been told that it most likely has a lot to do with my medication which tires me out quicker, and also causes weight gain. It seems no matter how hard I try, I am always gaining weight....

Last reply
  • Bisoporal

Freaking out! Everything that I have read about stopping this medication has been awful. I take it for HBP and palpitations. Also the thudfing heart beat. I have been taking this medication 5mg a day for three years religiously. However, we just had a baby and I thought I had taken it this morning...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.