Bisoprolol withdrawal -advice/support needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i started bisoprolol 1.25mg around 7 weeks ago at the time i having strange body sensations like a rush feeling right through mu body, fast heart rate/chest pain and doctors put down to anxiety, i then found out 2 weeks later i have low folcate so i think it was having the low folcate that caused my Symptoms. I tried last week to taper off as i dont want to be on this forever and im feeling breathless/air hunger at times. I tried to take it off last week cutting the tablet in half but after a week my heart rate went High, blood pressure raised a little and had chest discomfort/pain in centre so next day, day 8 Of tapering down I went back to my dose of 1.25mg As I was scared because my heart rate was high around 115 at rest and my SATs are dropping at times when walking around 86% for around 10 secs then slowly creapt back up to 94-98% im now day 4 of back on 1.25mg And I feel anxious and tearful. how can i come off this? I didn’t know about withdrawal until I found this website I’m reading all these posts, I’ve also read You can’t half a 1.25 tablet As it has no scoreline so it’s not equal in the tablet, How do I take it off it then?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.