Beta Blockers

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been of Bisoprolol 1.25mg for nearly 2 years.

I still get anxiety and I still get weird heart rates.....

After 2 years without drinking alcohol, I thought tonight I might have a small G&T with my Sunday evening roast. Previously before beta blockers, I enjoyed a drink occasionally with no ill affect. 2 years ago I had a Rosé and my heartbeat was 110+ all night even in bed.

Tonight after 2 years I thought I'd try a bit of a drink - I had a gulp then another then literally 2 minutes my heart goes from 82 to 102 then 107. I feel unwell.

Has anyone else had this? it's been years since I enjoyed a drink and now I doubt I'll ever be able to celebrate special occasions because the heart rate raised make me feel

awful. I didn't even finish my roast chicken tea and now lay down.

it's so unfair.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Drinking in moderation is very much a mixed bag for me. It only ever is moderation as well.

What I mean is I will enjoy having an occasional glass of wine and at the time of drinking it I feel fine and even any underlying anxiety is reduced. BUT....... A little while after enjoying a glass I then start to feel bad. It is tho physical symptoms of anxiety have gone into overdrive, they remain at that heightened state for some time as well.

It is most distressing and totally ruins the experience of enjoying a drink.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.