Beta blockers brain fog

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taking propranolol 10mg on and off for a few months now trying to get my anxiety under control alongside citalopram

I have health anxiety also and been experiencing brain fog and it makes my anxiety a million times worse as I've never had it before. I know it's not the citalopram as I've been on it a few times

could the beta blockers be causing my detatched foggy feelings?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

absolutely potato.any type of high blood pressure meds have the tendencie to bring on extreme depression especially when you are only taking it Periodically.it happen to me .with a different beta blocker.when the doctors where mis diagnosing me with high blood pressure.

• Posted

also when taking beta blockers you should avoid coffee alcohol and antihistamines.which makes no sense to why doctors prescribe the beta blocker with celexa when celexa does have anthistamines properties .

• Posted

wow really? that's crazy it can do that. it definitely makes me feel flat which is nice sometimes but definitely lowers my mood x

wow x

• Posted

hi P no i dont think its the propranalol. 10mg is a really low dose - do you find it does anything? my psych laughed when i said the GP had precribed 10 - he says they prescribe 40. the brain fog is the anxiety - i have it too. ive been taking the propranalol periodically too - either 15 or 20. cant decide if it does anything or not. it has a really short half life apparently -2-4 hours so completely out of your system in a day. are you feeling any better?

• Posted

thanks Tamsin

how u feeling atm? I'm the same no change feel like someone is torching my brain! lol

you have the brain fog too? it's not helping the anxiety at all lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.