Beta blockers for fast heart rate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there im alex as some of u may know me already.. i was recently put on beta blockers fpr my fast heart rate .. i was put on metoprolol 25 mg 12.5 in the morning and 12.5 at night.. does this actually help? I have an extremely fast heart rate most of the time normal rythm just fast.. dr put me on beta blockers. Will this help me?  I also have really bad anxiety so i know that palys an awful role. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex

Like you l have a very fast heart rate although normal rhythm. I was put on Bisoprolol 1.25 daily in Feb this year. To be honest l hate it, as it makes me feel so illwith the side effects. Stuffed nose, very low mood, anxiety and feeling jittery. It does help with the heart rate got to admit but am trying to carefully lower the dose over a few months to see if that helps. I suffer from anxiety too much so do know what you're going through believe me. But although l haven't had Metropolol it sounds like it's from the same family as Bisoprolol. Your anxiety will no doubt be a little worse with the Betta blocker but over time it should pan out and perhaps you will feel the benefit. That's how l feel with mine even though I'm trying to lower the dose. Am hoping to get the best of both worlds by doing this, a lessening of the rapid hr but also feeling more in control of my own health.

I wish you good luck. Please let me k ow how you go on and l could keep you informed as to my progress.

• Posted

Hello christine .. do you find that the pills are helping you? Ive been taking it for 2 days now and i still feel the same 🙁🙁 i do have secer anxiety so i feel super scared and i have a fast heart rate all day 😕 do you? 

• Posted

Hi Alex

Yes the Bisoprolol does help the fast heart rate and sometimes l feel it goes too low so l then tend to half the next one just to be on the safe side. And being super nervous of course makes things a hell of a lot worse but then again there isn't much l can do to change my mindset. I'm nervous and scared a lot of the time so really understand what you going through. And things always seem twice as bad at night.

Try to persevere with the tablets as like you said you've only been on them 2 days. Might take a few more days before they start to make a difference to your hr.l have been taking mine since Feb this year so they have truly made a difference to my hr. Can't say l like taking them though as most drugs come with side effects. If you do happen to notice any side effects with yours (And not everyone does of course) go back to your Dr and ask for something different. There's a choice of Betta blockers so one will surely suit you. But like l said, give these ones a good go and you might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Good luck and will be thinking of you.

• Posted

That's the best medicine I have ever used. I had heart rates of 150 from anxiety and this medication fixed all my problems. I had no side effects besides feeling slowed down over 7 months of using it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.