Beta blockers please positive comments only

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all please only positive comment I can't cope with worrying about bad comments with the meds. I took myself to the doctor yesterday on my way home from work as was feeling odd, I had anxiety about 12 months ago and no signs of anything for months and months an all of a sudden bang it's back. I stuck in vicious circle had the physical symptoms keep thinking about it. I weaned mysel off my meds last time citlopram and was only I tiny dosage anyways x yesterday she have me propranolol beta blockers as it's the physical symptoms that freak me out! Has anyone been on beta blockers and how did you do with them?

I won't give up I still walking to work I always take my headphones so listen to music to distract me I carry on my day as normal so I am lucky I can do these things as I know a lot of people can't. I started the meds yesterday so I know I need to give them chance to get into my system. The other good thing was when I was at drs yesterday I was having an anxiety attack so wen she checked my pulse my heart my blood pressure etc everything was completely normal so I know the feelings are my anxiety only xx

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take propranolol (1x80mg) in the morning and it does make a difference physically - it makes me less physical tense and anxious, especially with nausea and the shaking. I find unlike having to wait for others to get into your system, beta blockers are quicker which is beneficial! 
  • Posted

You have to believe they will help an any side effect ( should you get them ) are easily manageable. Positive and negatives help balance you and allow you to gauge if all is ok. If your happy and your seeing improvements then thats all that matters.

It doesnt suit all you may be one of the many it does and you have to hold on to this thought or you would end up doing nothing

• Posted

Can I also ask has anyone had a sick feeling with the beta blockers, my hubby took them before and he did so his got changed but his were for another reason. Also even before these tablets I feel like I have a really heavy head bit like a tension headache maybe that would fit symptoms wouldn't it x
    • Posted

Yes, I cannot take the one everyone is talking about. And another one. This corgard is perfect.
    • Posted

Been taking them since yesterday prob explains why I been feeling really sicky tonight then xx
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. They affect us differently. I take mine in morning with food. No stomach issues ever though. You may want to call Dr.
  • Posted

I also take propranalol but the besting heart thing isn't really one of those symptoms I tend to get even without beta blockers. 

My main symptom is in the stomach, sinking feeling and agitation.

• Posted

That's not good and reason to switch. Two other pills my Dr. Wanted me to try recently before going back on corgard, gave me severe depression, and anxiety on the other, bad. He didn't listen to me as I was skeptical you know. I have anxiety so why take something that gives it, or depression crying spells. All info. Tells you that these are side affects. Hope you find right one. Dr. Said that anxiety affects your stomach as I was having stomach issues. So he gave me something.
  • Posted

I take propalonol and think they're really good. No side effects for me and not like taking other medication at all. I've just put a repeat prescription in for them and can't wait to pick them up tmw - I haven't had them for a couple of weeks and have had that awful lump in the throat thing, never had it before and have been freaking out about it! But I know how powerful anxiety is and how it manifests itself in physical stuff, this is just a new one for me. Hope they work for you but do remember that you get very real physical symptoms with anxiety and that is all it is. Difficult I know, especially when they are so intense but it is your anxiety. I think the run up to Christmas is especially hard! Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thank you so much and yes they Defo seem to be helping me but been feelin really sicky tonight and wondering if it's the meds as I started them yesterday or still part of my anxiety as I know it is still there a bit as I still have that heavy head feeling xx
    • Posted

Yeah it's tricky to tell - I feel sick and have that heavy head feeling lots but I put that down to anxiety as I had it before taking beta blockers (have only been on them for a couple of months and just had a two week gap) I'd stick with them and see how you feel in a few days. Wishing you all the best xx
  • Posted

I have been on propranalol for some time to help stop my migraines which affect my eyesight, which make me think i am having a stroke! I feel well on them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.