betigma 25mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

could not take vesicare well because of side effects  so started on betigma  25g as has fewer side effects  or so they said  -after  5  days pains in back and sides and  blood in urine.  it seems to make the frequency worse.  saw gp today and am not taking any more/

cannot tolerate a lot of medication as it seems to build up after a few days and cause bad side effects.  doctors seem to think i imagine it.  anyone else had this problem with medication.  i also take the lowest dose and cut it in half - still side effects are bad - seem to get toxic to the medications after a few days.  had kidney and liver function tests all ok - this is a real problem and wonder if anyone else has it.

this has all happened in the last few years since i have been over 70 doctors just dismiss it.

before this i could take and tolerate medication.   would be interested to hear from others suffering the same problems.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have tried most of the urinary medications and I too suffered from the side effects.  they are horrible and none of the medications for me really worked except maybe Oxybutinin,  however, I couldnt stand the side effects.  Seems to cause stomach swelling and back and kidney pain as it seems like it is backing everything up?  Is this what you are experiencing?  To have blood in your urine typically indicates an infection and many time urine results will sow negative if your on antibiotics for something else or there is not enough bacteria when sent for culture.  I was given Methenamine which steralizes the urinary system so you cant get a bacterial infection and this totally took away my kidney pain within 2 days, however, it didnt help the frequency.  I know there are options of Botox injections into the bladder and the Interstim which is what I have in right now for a 2 week trial.  Having it permanently put in on Tuesday.  Hope all goes well and keep me posted on your progress :-)  Karol
    • Posted

hi  sassy

i have checked and one of the side effects of betigma  is  blood in the urine.  gp's just dismisses everything  i am have surgery within the next  few weeks for a prolapse womb and other prolapses so hopefully this will help with the urine infections.  as they feel that the bladder is not emptying properly and causes the infections.    to be honest i just get so tired of it and even the antiobiotics cause me problems which i suffer to take them.   i have never heard of methenamine but will look into it.  the betigma caused me more problems than the vesicare which were bad enough.  hope things go well for you and the trial works out.

keep me posted.

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I just had the Interstim permanently out in yesterday and I feel GREAT!  So glad to finally get on with my life.  Th epain from the second surgery so far is minimal compared to the trial.  I would def look into the methenamine, it absolutely cleared my urine of all bacteria and my kidney pain from the infections was gone in a matter of days.  I tried 4 different incontinence medications and your right the side effects are horrible.  Mys tomach is just finally getting back to normal.  it was so swollen and distended because all thatnedicine does is back everything up.  I wish you luck on your upcming surgery.  Keep me posted on your progess and you will be in my prayers :-)  Karol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.