Betmiga, for over active bladder... Anyone tried this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

Today i had urodynamics, because i have frequent urination & bladder lakage. I have a rectocele & cystocele.

I was reccomended urodynamics and physio then a reciew in December to see if the physio has helped the prolapses at all, and they will now also have my urodynamics results.

So at the appointment today she started with the solution into my bladder & i was busting (painful) at 113mls & had to stop it there. (Bladder should hold 400-600mls?) So she said i needed betmiga, which would allow the baldder to relax therefore being able to hold more fluid for longer.

I also gushed everytime she asked me to cough which was so embarrasing.

Im wonderin if anyone has experience taking this drug? Does it help leakage aswell?

TIA

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my, I SO feel for you.  I haven't heard of this treatments (sorry!)  and haven't even had bladder problems but my heart goes out to you and I SO hope this will help you. 
  • Posted

I haven't ever tried that but I hope that someone who has can chime in.

I don't know if this would help, but I recently found out that my pelvic floor is in spasm in addition to the prolapse issues.  I have a pelvic floor PT who I think is fantastic, but if you don't have access to that, you might find this PT website helpful.  The breathing exercise they do is similar to the one I started with.

http://www.pelvichealthsolutions.ca/for-the-patient/pelvic-floor-muscle-tightness/

Maybe this won't help... but I can't see relaxing breathing exercises hurting anything either.

• Posted

Jojo I too had the same test an couldn't hold no more than 220mls I was put on the same tablets as you . Once I had my operation for both cyctocle & rectocle I was put on tablets called oxybutnin which was a lot better the only bad side was it made me very thirsty.
  • Posted

Hi dorry,

They also are sending me for physio, which is on 22nd of this month. So i will learn the techniquies there.

Julie, thats good to hear that something is working for you. Im happy to try anything at the mo! I will pick the tablets up tomorow so will see how it goes.

Then cant wait for them to review in december and see what the next plan of action is x

• Posted

Hello,

I was prescribes Betmiga 2 years ago in the spring of 2015 and had a nasty reaction to it.

After taking it for a couple of days my face swelled up and became scarlet, mainly across my nose, cheeks and eyes. The reaction was severe enough for me to give my GP a photo of my face showing him how severe the reaction had been.

The swelling went down afterward few days.

Just to check if Betmiga was definitely causing  the reaction later I took one further Betmiga tablet and the reaction reoccurred ..to a lesser extent,as I had only taken one tablet.

I informed the urologist who had prescribed it.

• Posted

I also had physio and was put on oxibutin tablets for bladder pre op which I had on Thursday just gone, these helped me and ghyni doc has said stay on them which I am happy to do, they can make you thirsty but that's OK for me cause I never drunk enough anyway, x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.