Betmiga Tablet

Posted , 6 users are following.

In May 2014 I wa s prescribed Betmiga at the highest dosage of 50mg.

After 4 weeks of taking the tablet i started getting very bad diarreha and cold sweats. I kept taking the tablet until september 2014 when I actuallt went through all my medication and realised the symptons i had suffered were due to the tablet. Since september 2014 i've lost over 2 stone in weight cannot get any GP or doctor to believe that the side affects have done this to me. I also feel ive suffered nerve problems due to the tablet as i get terrible swirling and banging from my feet to my head. I cannot eat and so wish to. I feel like cannot breath and know get the sensations that i'm choking. the visable effects can be seen as my face is withdrawn. Can any advice or help be given? I feel like im slowly dying

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

So sorry to hear about your problems.  I have been on Betmiga for nearly 2 months and so far so good. All the other tablets I had gave me bad side effects. I can't remember reading about  your problems in the leaflet, but either way the only way to be sure if they are the cause is to stop taking them and see if things improve.  You should also fill in the yellow card at the Dr. of chemist to report the problems to the manufacturers. It could be something different you are having problems with but you really should get it sorted and please don't be fobbed off.

I wish you well.

Pat

• Posted

I have filled out the yellow card.

thank you for your well wishes

• Posted

Having suffered from incontinence as a result of a bladder repair I have now been offered a choice of a bulk amid injection, which is a gel that is planted at the neck of the bladder or a more intrusive operation which involves an incision in the urethra and then tape put in to tighten the sphincter muscle.  Both of these require a urodynamics test first and are carried out under general anaesthetic.

Has anyone experienced either of these operations.

Madeleine

• Posted

Hi Maddie,

Sorry to hear of you problems. I have not had injections in the bladder. Ihave however had a tape ftted for stress incontinece which does help but I also have urge incontinence for which I have had problems with meds as you can read back about. The urodynamic test was not pleasant but they need to do it before treatment.

Good luck

Pat.

• Posted

Hi Pat,

I am due to have the injection, called Bulk Amid, next week under general anaesthetic and will let you know how it works out.

Thanks for responding to my message, its nice to know that someone read it otherwise it feels messages are consigned to the ether!

Maddi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.