BETRAYAL

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 19 through out my life I've had good and bad relationships but my recent eight year relationship is now in the balance as today I've found out the man I've trusted with my heart and soul has been chatting to another woman and has been using very explicit sexual innuendo when I confronted him about it he just laughed saying it's just a laugh nothing serious but to me it's deverstating I feel used and betrayed and I'm now questioning every thing about him I love him with all that I am and now feel totally worthless as a woman and a partner I had no idea there was anything wrong with our relationship and I'm now cycling between anger, hurt and self-doubt has anyone else gone through anything similar any advice.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joanne the same happened to me too .. but he.d also been calling me names to her.. I split with him it made me so ill.. stupidly got back with him after 5 months of hating myself & him so much. It lasted another 2 years but I started putting up with his same old ways again. So 1 night just bin bagged him & that was the end. . Hardest thing I'd done because I did still love him .
  • Posted

I'm in total melt down even though I know nothing physical has ever happened between them as she lives well over 100 miles away it's just the thought of him being that explicit with another woman :'( :@
    • Posted

Yer I no what you mean I was exactly the same..trust is a massive issue. .I find I have to act on impulse. .& the door it was.. I drank loads ..eventually Gt thr it.
  • Posted

bad thing to happen to anyone, and it happens to many if not most western women.  I went through similar experiences before my divorce (wife betrayed me) and understand how devastated you must feel. But I can't see that being bipolar has any direct link to your problems, so maybe you would get more useful advice from a relationship website? Or maybe you are just reaching out for help in the places you usually go to?  I feel for you, and wish you luck
    • Posted

I'm sorry I've not made things clear emotional stress is what triggers my bipolar episodes and right now I don't know up from down I'm so scared of loosing control and ending up in the downward spiral an loosing myself yet again ending up in hospital
  • Posted

its hard to focus when you are in a bipolar swing, so I fully understand. Like most bipolars, I've also found that stress from other people and life events is what triggers my worst ups and downs.  Many bipolar people get little or no support from shrinks and doctors (apart from meds) and I've find that having at least one friend/relative who is sympathetic and supportive can make all the difference. I hope you have someone like that? As someone else said here, though its a difficult decision, if things don't get better in your relationship you might want to consider ending it - some people are far more supportive of their bipolar partners than yours sounds. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.