better/healing now from tinnitus

Posted , 2 users are following.

April 4, 2018 tinnitus was reactivated by a machine used by a physiotherapist called a thumper.  The vibrations started the ringing in my ears again. I used sound imitators for the ringing,whooshing sound(crickets) and the pulsing (heart beat) to help me sleep. You can find sounds that help on youtube. I then started trying different relaxant and sleeping medication.  I finally found that a combination of amitryptiline and Immovane are working for me to sleep a good nights sleep.  It is only starting to ease now (i.e. end of July) after 2 weeks of this combination plus the sounds.  I also meditate and sought counselling, read the bible, prayed and had many pray for me. In counselling I was told either to try to distract myself from the worrying or to think it through whichever works.

Hopefully this helps you.

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What caused your tinnitus in the first place?
    • Posted

it may have started when I used a jackhammer.  But the first attack was after I worked in a music studio with headphones for a length of time.  The second time, the same thing.  The 3rd time was after the physio used a vibrating machine called the thumper which shook my whole body. Altogether it's been about 20 years.  Even when I recover from the attacks the tinnitus is in the background, which I can ignore.  As long as I can sleep I can withstand it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.