Better Worse Better

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven’t been here for a while.  For a few months my ears have been about 80 tp 90% normal. My TMJ has been in remission and my allergies have been pretty much controlled.  Fast forward to about 10 days ago and my ears felt full and wet. Lots of popping and crackling.  The allergist confirmed fluid.  It got a little better and then worse.  They seem to act up the most when it’s extremely hot. Yesterday was a very bad day.  Today has been a little better.  We are leaving for a 3 day trip to Put in Bay tomorrow so I hope I have good days.  So frustrating! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My situation is similar to yours! 

I’ve had Etd for almost 5 years now. I was in remission for a few years and then last July I woke up with such a full wet ear that it made me throw up because I had a migraine caused from it. Normally I had palatous ETD so having a full ear wasnew to me. Dr prescribed steroids and water pills. Water pills helped relieve some, but it took months. I’d have 1 week of 80 percent better, and then another 2 months of a full ear. Since December, (knock on wood lol) I’ve had the full ear controlled. I can stomach the ear popping and cracking but a full ear puts me in a depression. I use Flonase for my allergies daily and I take steamy showers daily. When I feel it getting full I start am taking several a day. I do think the heat triggers something though in me as well. We went to ft lauderdale in May and I was so scared the flight would cause my tube to pop out but thankfully it did not. The heat didn’t effect me there either so here’s to hoping you won’t have any effects from the weather either!

Prayers and have a lovely vacation ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.