BEWARE OF THIS DRUGS WITHDRAWAL

Posted , 14 users are following.

I was recently put on a filthy drug aka GABAPENTIN 300 MG once daily ,then 300 MG twice daily after one week(for "daily migraines") I am so terrified to keep taking it as it has caused me side effects . This is around my second week of taking it & in the first week I just didn't feel like it was something I needed to be taking but doctor said I need to give it 3 months in my system. At the end of the first week experiencing the twitching,fogginess,weird feeling, as side effects I decided I did not want to continue . My doctor said just stop taking it cold turkey ...MISTAKE! STOPPING GABAPENTIN SUDDENLY HAS CAUSED A VERY BAD WITHDRAWAL!! I MEAN IT IS NASTY THE WORST PAIN IVE FELT!! Even though I was only taking 300 MG once a day for 1 week, when I quit cold turkey I felt horrible pain by the second day....

All kinds of sharp pains EVERYWHERE ...in my eyes,ears,neck,whole body. Also jerky movements through out my legs, horrible head pain , loud gurgling stomach noises & heart papilations. Feels like my body is going to start shaking uncontrollably. My body literally felt like it is jumping out my skin trying to get more of the drug. JUST LIKE DRUG ADDICTS SAY HAPPENS DURING WITHDRAWAL. I never increased the drug & I'm so glad because after only taking a low dose for one week I feel like my body is hooked! I feel like my neurologist should have advised me a taper dose to help wean my body off. I do not want to keep taking this but I'm also terrified of suddenly stopping ....

I ended up in the ER after two days of quitting cold turkey, with a bad headache. They gave me reglan,dilaudid,& benedryl which took away the headache. But by the next day my body was literally SPAZZING OUT BAD so I took a piece of a capsule & within a couple hours it seemed to help. Now I haven't been able to see or talk to my neurologist to get help with weening off of this!! I have just been taking smaller amounts but I want to be off this ..PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS BLINDLY ESPECIALLY FOR OFF LABEL USE.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi do any of you have aggression on Gabapentin???? my teenager flips and I want him off it, Ive had complaints about his aggression and I know its this drug please help????
    • Posted

I feel so sad reading this Keifer, I'm a 41 yr old mum used to be full of fun always up to mischief for a laff I find the mood swings terrible I can go from joking one minute to so crabit in a instant I hate myself for it coz I know it's not me the kids say mum what's wrong war ye went all crabit for... its a shame I could cry when I think of it...I jist want of this and bk to my old self, have been taking since Feb x

• Posted

Hi  I have only been taking Gabapentin for 10 days at 100 mg 3 times a day will it be ok to just stop it .Like you I am having awful side affects from it x
    • Posted

I would not go cold turkey!! Do a very slow taper this drug has a bad withdrawal if done to quickly

Good Luck..

• Posted

I was on 3000mg dose a day I spoke to my doctor and I wanted to come off gabapentin because of bad memory loss so from going from a 3000mg dose a day to 800mg a day I feel so ill hot sweats cold chills flu like symptoms just feeling really ill I do take other tablets because I have such bad back pain I'm on codeine paracetamol diazipam and and morphine and antihistamine so I'm really scared .

• Posted

Wow! That terrified Me!  I'm praying for anyone on this medication. Good or bad experience! 

• Posted

This scares me I was on 3600 mg for over a year I have tapered down to 1800 and have had crazy side effects. I started anti depressants cause I felt like I was going crazy.my anxiety level is Insain. I feel like I am not me at all.. one min crying, sad, and. Either sleep for hours or like tonight take a sleeping pill ANF still no sleep it's 5 am. I know this won't be easy. I'm.tsking magnesium tablets I heard they help. This drug is the devil.

• Posted

HI Jessica, I’m just wanting to ask about the mental side effects you’ve experienced on gabapentin?? Since I started gabapentin it has caused me soooo much suffering mentally, to many problems! I have stopped now and am on day 9.. 

Feel the same way you’ve explained, felt like I was going insane, nearly sectioned myself! 

It’s caused me terrible anxiety! 

Lost myself completely!

Cant talk properly, can’t think about what to say, can’t think period! I’m hoping so much that my mind can recover from this awful drug! 

• Posted

Hi everyone 😊

Omg reading all of your posts about this EVIL drug has  really upset me ! The doctors should really study up on this drug, I’ve been on it for 2 years now for menopausal night sweats 3x300mg a day, well I ran out early didn’t have any for 72 hours ! I really thought I’d gone totally insane I couldn’t even speak properly, sweating shivering trembling diarea heart palpitations pain in left arm ,But the Anxiety was terrifying, I was in a really DARK place mentally!!  I have been addicted to opioids in the past, the withdrawal from them were a walk in the park compared to this Evil drug , sending Love &light to you all x 

• Posted

Hi Leane, I just wanted to ask how your feeling since stopping the gabapentin ?? 

Since starting the gabapentin ive felt the same way you’ve explained. I’ve been in such a dark place mentally! The gabapentin have really messed with my head! 

I’ve stopped them now & am on day 9. I’m just hoping to god that my mind can go back to how it was before! Can the mind heal after takin this evil drug?? 

• Posted

I agree, awful drug! Was on low dose 300mg/day starting October for mild neuropathy in toes. Tapered myself down, didn’t like side effects, memory/cognitive issues, foggy, depression. Went to ER for flu complications, had been off med for few days and blood pressure up, chest pain. They said nah it’s not withdrawal. I believe it was. And still have withdrawal, think I’m about 13 days off them? (Memory not good). Withdrawal symptoms worse than drug side effects. Hope there’s an end in sight, I hear it can take a while.  Sending prayers to all of us. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.