Beware the flu jab

Posted , 6 users are following.

I haven't posted for a while having stopped taking Citalopram in May this year. I was trundling along OK until I went to see my GP with a skin complaint. While I was there he INSTRUCTED me to have a flu jab, presumably because I am of a certain age. I have NEVER had flu in my life so I declined his 'offer', he was very sniffy about this so to appease him I had it. Since that day nearly 2 weeks ago I have had the most horrendous depression, suicidal thoughts, non stop crying and anger outburstsn - absolutely awful, really really awful. I had acupuncture yesterday and I feel a lot better today - fingers crossed. I don't know if the flu jab was responsible but I believe it was, so I am warning anybody out there to give serious consideration if offered this jab. Take care all

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wow thanks for this info

I was going to get it done today but I didn't have time to wait

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I tried to make contact last weekend but I think your page was removed was there a problem?

• Posted

I had my flu jab a few weeks ago and I did go through a few unpleasent changes, mostly I was tired and lost a bit of interest  of things around me.

Sometimes I do have problems as do some of my peers, although it is still worth having. I am in my sixties now and I have had these injetions from my late forties because of a compramised immune system. The problem is when it comes to these injections people will be effected differently each year and could be effected only once every five years. Other years use different strains so it is always different

• Posted

I think this is abit misleading and not scientific.

The vaccinations are successfully delivered to millions of People every year safely.

I think people with depression have enough problems than dealing with a bad flu. I'd recommend you treat them separately and if in doubt ask a doctor.

• Posted

Hi I think this is coincidence as the flu virus is dead and cannot affect you like that.  I have it every year coz I have copd and apart from a sore arm for a day or so I am fine.  Don't forget flu can be a killer in those older or with other health issues.  I know what my choice would be. 

• Posted

Hi Good Morning

Thanks for the tip about the Flu jab. I had this injection every year. Still got the most dread full colds any way. Glad to hear that acupunture has worked for you.I have had this  treatment it does help Yes I agree I was forced to have the flu jab.

Not this year. It may well have some effect on your well being.

• Posted

I'd just like to reiterate that there is no scientific evidence for this.

And this quasi holistic approach to modern medicine has been the downfall and to the detriment of people's health everywhere, particularly in the US.

It has less importantly damaged reputation of online sites and people. I'm sure I don't need to specifically mention by name but I'm sure we all know the particular vaccine I'm talking about.

This is a forum for depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.