Beware user misusing our site

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had two private messages from someone who were attempting to sell some kind of cannabis oil from the US via a website. He says it's a remedy for anxiety but it's NOT, and it's illegal, and crynobody should be using this site to target people in this way.  I hope the organisers will now find a way to remove this user from the Patient site!frown

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi norabab,

See link below re PMs. If you receive anything offensive or advertising etc via PM there is a "Report" link in the message you can use to let us know. We will deactivate any user who is abusing the service. I have deactivated this user.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thanks for your help.  I did look for a link for reporting things like this, but I am not yet familiar with the site, and did not manage to find it.  But I have saved the link and will know what to do next time.  thanks again
  • Posted

Hi Notabab just click on the flag at the bottom of the message and report it
  • Posted

As I said in my initial reply can users who receive private messages like this please use the Report link in the message if you still have them (or as soon as you receive them) otherwise I cannot do anything about this.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.