BHP . FOODS TO HELP/ AVOID

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been treated for BHP now for a number of years, I'm coming up

62. I am on Doxocasin, think that's the spelling.

Lately my flow has been getting worse and wondered if I could 

adept my diet, add supplements avoid certain foods.

A lot of info. Seems contradictory, eat tomatoes, don't eat tomatoes.

Is there any hard evidence on what I should eat/avoid to help my

symptons, considering I am on prescribed drugs. Any info. Opinions

would be great . Thanks chaps!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I generally try to limit my salt/sodium intake, so was happy to find a place that had "everything" bagels with very little salt. Or so I thought after tasting it. 

For the past month or so, I've been on a VERY low sodium diet, and returned to the same place but this time the everything bagel tasted very salty. I'm guessing the ingredients were the same but the difference was that being on a very low sodium diet I noticed it. Or more germane, when you get used to eating typical high sodium meals, especially when eating out, your taste buds get immune to all the salt. 

Just a reminder, that there's probably more sodium in foods than you probably realize.

Jim

• Posted

Supplement helps me- lycopene, saw palmetto, beta -sisterol, pygeum- you can find this combo in health food stores- also rye grass pollen is supposed to help as well

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.