BHRT and weight gain ? Can’t handle it on top on everything else !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since I’ve been  on BHRT noticed I’ve put on just a few pounds . I was ‘extremely ‘ skinny before when all these hormone fluctuations started happening lost about 20lbs. I was probably too skinny but I loved it! 

I workout a lot and don’t eat that much as no appetite so where is the weight coming from ? ??? 

Will I just get bigger and bigger ???

I can’t Function without the BHRT can’t eat any less and can’t workout anymore than I do !

Maybe I lost all that weight as had no hormones left ? As I’ve never been that skinny before 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone. Keep gaining weight,  jeans don’t fit. Was a size 6 at 48. Sucks. Hang in there. Hope

It stops and reverses. 

• Posted

Maybe your strengthening your muscles, as muscles weigh more than fat..  : )  I hear you thou, I think I have eaten enough veggies and am staying active: even doing more stretching at home too BUT the scale is going up!!  Just doesn't make sense.

• Posted

Well I am actually ripped with muscle as I workout so much ... I’ll take a few pounds if I just feel good ! 
  • Posted

Im not on anything at all. I have no clue what the heck goes on, since last week I've lost 5 or 6 pounds. I too am pretty ripped so if my appetite goes down for a few days I can loose weight pretty quickly. Next week I will most likely be PMSING so we will see if that 5 or 6 pounds comes back. I do know my adrenaline rushes /anxiety seems to be starting back up so that probably why I lost weight.(remember I had felt calm for the last 6 months, well so much for that....frrrriiiiiggggg) Maybe the BHRT is calming you so your body isn't eating away at itself right now.

I know people gain weight on birth control, so it only makes sense if you are taking any hormones that weight gain could happen. I'm very much like you as I feel better about myself at a certain weight and if it goes up even a bit it bothers me, but if I felt great on the inside I'd take the weight, si if the BHRT is making you feel better, then ignore the scale if you can ?

• Posted

Im not on anything at all. I have no clue what the heck goes on, since last week I've lost 5 or 6 pounds. I too am pretty ripped so if my appetite goes down for a few days I can loose weight pretty quickly. Next week I will most likely be PMSING so we will see if that 5 or 6 pounds comes back. I do know my adrenaline rushes /anxiety seems to be starting back up so that probably why I lost weight.(remember I had felt calm for the last 6 months, well so much for that....frrrriiiiiggggg) Maybe the BHRT is calming you so your body isn't eating away at itself right now.

I know people gain weight on birth control, so it only makes sense if you are taking any hormones that weight gain could happen. I'm very much like you as I feel better about myself at a certain weight and if it goes up even a bit it bothers me, but if I felt great on the inside I'd take the weight, si if the BHRT is making you feel better, then ignore the scale if you can ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.