Bi lateral long saphenous & right short saphenousvein su

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had my appt today with a vascular surgeon - the scan showed I need to have varicose veins removed and also a valve removed from behind my right knee. Having seen some of the previus posts I am feeling a tad nervous about having it all done in one go!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It really depends on who is performing your procedures. Does the vascular surgeon only treat veins or does he dabble in veins? What are his reviews?  The valve removed from behind your knee doesn't make sense? There is no such procedure - maybe your talking about a mice-phlebectomy? You should be able to tolerate both procedures - walk for 2 hours after the procedure, wear support and take an anti-inflammatory for a week (like Advil). 
    • Posted

Hi, what symptoms did you have prior to finding out what it was. I have Varicise Veins in both legs. Approx 3 weeks now I have had huge swelling in my left knee and back of knee. Ultrasound revealed no clots, but he said k need to go back to my docs and get referral for Vascular Surgeon.

My right ankle has throbbing sensation and feels like it is swelling but it's not, a new vein has appeared on my right knee. I am really worried.

• Posted

Hi I have just had both legs done 4 weeks ago it is a slow recovery afterwards but worth it. My legs use to swell and throb before my surgery and I had a mass varicose vein that use to sit in the crease behind my knee. They have all been removed now and I feel so much better, the recovery is not fun at all as long as you have help at home your b fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.