Skip to content

Varicose Vein

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Skin on leg feels tight but leg doesn't look swollen

This weird thing has been happening to me lately. It's mostly on my right leg but sometimes my left too. The skin around my knee and ankle feels tight but then I look and it doesn't look swollen. I've even checked for pitting and nothing.  When I flex my foot down I feel like the …

Posted
  • Varicose veins and leg swelling

Some info: 30 y/o female with varicose veins (due to family history, 2 previous pregnancies, and overweight) I'm currently trying to lose weight and I have just started working a job that requires a lot of sitting at a desk. It's a part time job so thankfully it's not every day.  …

Last reply
  • Fast heart rate and crazy blood pressure

Ok so I'm after some advice. I have been a bit unwell now for 8 weeks. It started with a vomiting bug that lasted 2 weeks. The sickness stopped and i just had nausea. Then i became dizzy at everything I did. I now have bad nausea, dizziness, raally tired, one leg hurts and kreps going cold and …

Posted
  • Varicose vein pain

Hi i am new here and recently been having terrible pain due too my varicose vein in my right leg. I was so concerned i went too the drs with it incase i had a dvt but the dr just put it down too it being inflamed and prescibed me volterol but she has told me too keep a close eye on it for any …

Last reply
  • Sclerotherapy experience

I am going under a sclerotherapy procedure soon. I am very worry about complications or anything that might go wrong. ( pretty much the fear of the unknown). I would like to hear from someone who did it to tell me what to expect. & whether it was successful and if they recommend it. I am …

Last reply
  • Vein removal

Extremely tired after I had veins removed from both legs. 20 something incisions. Faint feeling after standing a while. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Recovery from vein surgery... slow and painful

I've never been on a forum before, but thought it might be good to get other's experiences on vein surgery. Unfortunately both my parents had bad vericose veins and both had them stripped (both legs). Luckily for me, it wasn't until I had my son 14 yrs ago that mine started becoming a …

Last reply
  • Varicose veins and travel

Hello, any opinions on the best way to travel with varicose veins? Im extremely paranoid about the risk of dvt and flying, only going about 3 hours away by plane, but it screams sketch to me. Would driving, or train be better?

Last reply
  • EVLT and groin pain

I had EVLT done on both legs and am now in a lot of pain 7 months later. My inner thigh and groin are very sore. My doctor hasnt been very helpful. Anyone had this? Help

Last reply
  • Spider veins in an awkard spot...

So I really hate talking about this because it's embarrassing but I've had what seem to be spider veins on the underside of my penis for over a year now. I don't know what caused it but it doesn't seem to get better (or worse, staying optimistic). It looks really ugly and I would …

Posted
  • Protruding veins on legs

Hi ​Can anyone advise on causes other than varicose for major protruding veins in legs?  I've had them checked as I assumed they were varicose however, that has been ruled out. ​I have to meet with the consultant shortly and would appreciate any advice so I have an idea what they are if …

Last reply
  • Varicose veins

Hi. I have varicose veins that are pretty big and bulging in both of my legs, i'm only 18 but I know they can appear at any age. I would just like to know how people live/cope with them as I do not want any surgery/procedure to have them removed. I exercise daily now, eat plenty of fruit/veg & …

Last reply
  • Clarivein

Has anyone had a painful experience with the Clarivein method of removing varicose veins? I ask because I had this treatment 2weeks ago and found it very painful. Although everything I had read said it was fairly painless. My recovery so far has been ok although my calf is various Shades of …

Last reply
  • Varicose veins advise please?

I'm an 18 year old female & i've had a varicose vein in my right leg above the knee for about 5 years now and I haven't worried about it as my mum & dad both had varicose veins and it hasn't caused any problems or pain until about 2 months ago. Everyday it hurts, my leg ( …

Last reply
  • Varicose vein removal & recovery

I am scheduled to have VV surgery in a couple weeks, but now reading all the posts on the painful recovery process I'm having 2nd thoughts.  I've got VV in both legs that are painful, especially at night, but could probably live with, although I hate the thought of taking IBprofin …

Last reply
  • I have a very large varicose vein in my groin...

I believe the term is saphena varix, they said it's quite larger than average. I don't go back to the doctor until June to discuss treatment. I really want to start an exercise routine, but I'm freaking myself out because the bulge in my groin is so big and came out of no where. I don …

Posted
  • Is walking always supposed to help?

I had EVLT and sclerotherapy prior to a Disney vacation (that was booked months before I had these vein issues.)  Our trip was just days after sclerotherapy and wore my stockings 24/7 as instructed.  All that walking and standing in the hot Florida sun was not my friend and my …

Posted
  • Varicose Veins in very active elderly people

I am 71 and a competitive runner. On my left leg just above the ankle there is a venous bulge. It has been there at least 6-7 years. It occasionally gets really big as if it is about to pop out of its skin, and then the veins on the left side of the foot also bulge. It is not painful. Just wondered …

Last reply
  • Muscle pain after removal of compression hose

I am 5 weeks post-op from Microphlebectomy on right leg. The areas of the incisions seem to be fine, no pain. However, I have finally removed the compression hose (yes the dr said to keep them on 5 weeks).  This long awaited compression hose week is finally here, but I am having major …

Posted
  • Varicose vein so painful all I can do is rest my leg.

I have a very enlarged varicose vein in my leg that I have booked in to be removed in April. After a scan I was told it is 12mm wide rather than 2mm which is what it should be. In the mean time it is constantly inflamed, hot and in parts sore to the touch, aches whenever I stand up and I keep …

Posted
  • Foam or liquid sclerotherapy

i have seen 2 phlébologie t’as in the last month. One of them has told me foam Sclerotherapy provides better results but I won’t be able to exercise f9r 2 weeks afterwards, I will need around 3 sessions at 4 to 6 week intervals. The other phlebologist told me liquid Sclerotherapy would work …

Posted
  • Failed vein treatments

I went through quite a few leg vein treatments last year.  Now I'm having pain again in that same leg.  Has anyone here on this forum had leg vein treatments and they failed?  I'm going in to have my leg ultrasound.

Last reply
  • Laser Ablation done last year now have spots

I had my laser ablation done on my smaller (lesser) saphanous vein on my left leg back in April. I was in some serious pain before the procedure for many years. I had skin ulcers on my leg. The doctor said my vein was 9mm wide when I was standing and it was corkscrewed. They did a laser and foam …

Posted
  • Sclerotherapy-how do they target the correct veins

I have had 2 treatments already on pelvic congestion veins.....but my right leg vericose veins and those in the vulva area have not improved.  Am prob going to need sclerotherapy directly on those veins. Can anyone tell me how they target the correct veins when they do this?  Apparently …

Last reply
  • Pain again after finishing up leg treatments

I had superficial blood clots in my left leg and went through all the vein treatments including the laser.  I was told last November I was done with treatments in my leg.  Today I wake up with pain in my left leg when walking.  Same pain I had last year before all of those …

Last reply
  • Varicose Veins

I have varicose veins in my legs and both are swollen. I feel itchy and got purple coloured on lower side. I am afraid of operation or any painful treatment. Please tell me about any painless surgery/treatment or naturally method.

Last reply
  • Bulging veins all over body, normal?

I'm 18 years old. I run and play football a lot, I'd say my diet is pretty lean and healthy though I'm quite thin. Recently I've noticed veins bulge all over my body. I have one on my right thigh which starts all the way from my thigh down to my calves. …

Last reply
  • Radiofrequency ablation with phlebectomies

I've recently paid a package price to have radiofrequency and phelebectomy on both legs. But it turns out I only had the radiofrequency on one leg and phelebectomy on both.. silly me signed the consent form and didn't realise until yesterday. I had my 6 week check up last week, there are …

Last reply
  • Vulva varicosities

I wondered if anyone else is suffering from these. After being treated for months for bartholins cyst then inclusion cyst, dr today says it a varicose vein, but is sending me for a scan to confirm. I suffer from haemorrhoids but this is something else. Can they be treated?

Last reply
  • Is this bad?

hello, I’ve noticed the past few days that my veins have been much more noticeable and darker like blue color... I am getting plenty of fluids.. but I don’t know what could be causing them to stand out more and look more present ???

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.