Skip to content

Varicose Vein

All discussions in this group

Next
  • lynn66084 5

Do varicose veins disappear?

Last year I got painful lumps in my legs, went to the docs, he squeezed one and said it was varicose veins starting.  (I had a hip operation beginning of the year) Anyhow from about November they started going and they haven't come back yet. So my question is, do I have varicose veins and if...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • phil86178 2

I think I'm getting vericose veins

Hello , I think I am getting them . I have small purple veins on one of my legs as well as some bruising, itching on the other leg in one spot . ( all this on my shins) I also have the same veins on my upper ab and hip . Are these vericose veins and what causes them ? Also, what can I do to help...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mamadeesix 2

Sclerotherapy-how do they target the correct veins

I have had 2 treatments already on pelvic congestion veins.....but my right leg vericose veins and those in the vulva area have not improved.  Am prob going to need sclerotherapy directly on those veins. Can anyone tell me how they target the correct veins when they do this?  Apparently the...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sara samimi 1
  • Guest M

Recovery from vein surgery... slow and painful

I've never been on a forum before, but thought it might be good to get other's experiences on vein surgery. Unfortunately both my parents had bad vericose veins and both had them stripped (both legs). Luckily for me, it wasn't until I had my son 14 yrs ago that mine started becoming a problem....

113 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • derek199929 1

Bulging veins all over body, normal?

I'm 18 years old. I run and play football a lot, I'd say my diet is pretty lean and healthy though I'm quite thin. Recently I've noticed veins bulge all over my body. I have one on my right thigh which starts all the way from my thigh down to my calves....

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • halle72223 2

Sudden, very blue veins with swollen lymph node in neck.

Hi. Hopefully some one can help me with this. I wasn't sure what category forum to put this in but about two weeks ago I noticed that my veins were looking VERY blue, not bulging but just very blue in color. The veins that appeared to be the most noticeable were located in my chest and in my arms...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • MarkWann 2
  • max79746 1

Clarivein

Has anyone had a painful experience with the Clarivein method of removing varicose veins? I ask because I had this treatment 2weeks ago and found it very painful. Although everything I had read said it was fairly painless. My recovery so far has been ok although my calf is various Shades of purple...

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • DeeVendage 1

EVLT

I just had the EVLT procedure yesterday. The procedure was more difficult and extremely painful. Got home and 18 hrs in I feel like the areas where he did the incesion are on fire and my knee and other areas are throbbing. I'm in tremendous pain. Can't sleep or eat. Advil nor tylenol is helping....

• kalli11 2

CVI w/ Eczema

I had my dermatits/eczema cleared up for a year, it came back on my shin again. I started taking aloe vera and it cleared up again for about a year now the dermatitis/eczema has moved to the inside of my calf on the same leg and it is harder and denser. It is pink, somewhat scaly and now it itches. (The...

8 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • debbie19767 1

Radiofrequency ablation with phlebectomies

I've recently paid a package price to have radiofrequency and phelebectomy on both legs. But it turns out I only had the radiofrequency on one leg and phelebectomy on both.. silly me signed the consent form and didn't realise until yesterday. I had my 6 week check up last week, there are still...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • ew1234 1
  • ktboyle 1
  • Antonia565 2

Failed Radiofrequency ablation or Varicose Vein operation

I recently had failed Radiofrequency ablation ( it happened to me the second time!) and my surgeon said that my vein went to spasm and he couldn’t enter the vein with his catheter.  He said that he will make another attempt in 6 weeks time under general anaesthetic but I feel concerned now. Is anyone...

31 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Daphnee1703 2

Varicose veins at 21

Hi! As the title says I'm unlucky to have a bad case of varicose veins at age 21 on both legs and feet. It started off with 1 big vein that I ignored for nearly a year until suddenly loads of new ones kept appearing, I decided to get help and luckily I live in a country that has scelotherapy on...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • aveline 5

One hand is itchy - Varicose Vein?

Hi, please bear with me!  I have noticeable veins on my legs, always have. I also have Raynaud's, a circulation disorder. But, my veins never felt itchy before... My right hand, the top/back of it & not the palm, is itchy with a small amount of pain.  The sensation is hot and itchy...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stvboy 1

Vein Removal (General anesthesia)

Hi I am going to have my varicose vein removed from my left leg by my calf in the near future. Doc says I will go out under General anesthesia. Anyone else ever had this done before? Was there significany pain during, after and long term? How did you manage. Thanks

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • analung40 1

VEIN TRAUMA

OK, so I have a question about veins. I was working and a cutter ( tool knife ) slipped into my right thigh cutting a vein. The cut is on the inner side of the thigh right above the knee. It was a clean cut with a very sharp knife that penetrated about half inch. Went to the doctor and I got two "deep"...

• dustin11702 1

Pain and cramping in both legs need help

I have been diagnosed with Venous Reflux disease but I think there is something else going as well. Its been getting worse over the last year. I have been having extreme cramping pain in my upper legs espcially in the back which goes all the way down to my feet. This is the same with both legs. I also...

• lynn66084 5

Can varicose veins go away by them selves.

Last year I started with varicose veins, just lumps, painfull and gradually got quite alot. I did go to the docs to get it confirmed.  You could see them, red lumps and feel them. But today, I don't know when but I noticed I have no lumps, is it possible they have gone?

• marianna39457 2
  • alena333 1

Post varicose veins surgery

I am recovering after varivose veins surgery. I had it done by laser so I expected for the recovery to be little more easier than what I am experiencing. It's the day 5 today and I can barely walk. It seems like my leg-the one which was operated on became really week. Especially around my ankle and...

• kalli11 2

CVI 30 yo Female

I am 30 years old. I have had a mysterious leg rash for over most of my life  in the middle of my shin, looked like ring worm and was treated as such. About 5 years ago it got bigger (size of golf ball). It didn't itch or hurt. About 2 years ago I started getting tingling and heavy feeling in...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lind9302 2

Varicose Vein Laser Surgery

I had the varicose vein laser surgery on both legs in Arpil of this year.  Now, three months later I am still suffering side effects from it.  Most of the time I have  burning sensations on the inside of both legs, and redness.  At times it feels like the tops...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann08509 1

Laser vein treatment

I had EVT just over 3 weeks ago. Right leg is fine even after several injections, but I am having a lot of pain in my left leg even though I didn't have any injections in that one. Pain was around my knee for a couple weeks where they performed the ablation. It was swollen, tender, hot to the touch....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • judy41059 1

Veinfit surgery

I had the veinfit surgery done a year ago this coming Friday.  I have had more problems with my right leg since I had this done than before.  I went to see my doctor for spider veins and he convinced me that I needed to have the veinfit done before he tackled the spider veins.  I had to...

• liaml2002 1

Endovenous ablation and ligation surgery

So its been a week since I had this surgery done. I'm still in quite a lot of pain and struggle to stand up for too long, my thigh area is the worst its quite hot to touch and has like a constant throb. I was warned about dvt and infection. Any advice as to whether it's just normal recovery or...

• linda02611 1

Stripping and burning of veins

I also had vein stripping and burning of vein to close it ( do not have medical term) my whole inner thigh to my knee and where they burnt the vein is still very sensitive to the touch is it normal? Had surgery nearly month ago

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Beans2002 1

Varicose Vein Treatment With Endovenous Laser Therapy

5 months ago I had (ELA) done went through all the injections and also has some spider veins injected. Went back for all follow ups and everything was great all pain was gone. Now my leg is giving me fits and feeling: tight, mild pain (scale 1-10 -10 worse, 2/3pain) enough to aggravate you), little heaviness,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • thatdampunk 2

Sudden onset, and should they hurt this much?

In the last few months I've developed a lot of highly visible veins on both legs and feet, which is worrying me as 3 months ago I'd never noticed a leg vein! There are many behind the left knee, these are a bit sore if they rub on a seat or I take a hot shower. On my right leg I have a large...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • terry56639 2
  • BadWulf 2

Saphenous vein ablation this week advice please.

So have the right leg lazered due to faulty valves and potential ulceration. %4 reasonably fit. Have been told i cannot take the stockign off for one full week then can change it for a second for a further week.  Surgeon wishes me to walk 7 miles a day for first two weeks. Live on my own , as he...

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • ben51 1

Just had EVLT on NHS

I read this forum prior to my operation and thought i would share my experiences given that there isnt that much information on this topic. basically ive had varicose veins since i was around 22 and after 11 years they had spread on both legs pretty much from my groin to my ankle and were causing me...

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • zuzana01495 1

VARICOSE VEINS and AB EXCERCISES/PILATES

I would like to ask whether abdominal exercises could affect varicose veins. I was told that doing crunches could negatively affect varicose veins or blood circulation but what about those excercises done while lying with legs above your heart (which is recommended) such as double leg lift? Could you...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.