Spider veins all over body

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time.

I have spider veins all over my body. My ankles are the worst. Has anyone had this issue? Any remedies that treat it? I have tried herbal remedies and laser surgery. I am worried it may be due to a hormonal imbalance or venous insufficiency. I currently take a multi B vitamin, vitamin D and Rutin.

I recently spoke to the GP who did not seem concerned. They just really get me down. They're on my arms, chest, legs, feet, stomach, face and shoulders. They aren't overly noticeable but I know they are there.

About me: 31 year old female. I don't drink or smoke. I do use an e-cigarette. No swelling in legs and blood pressure is normal.

Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I understand how you feel as I myself have a lot of spider veins particularly on my thighs. Like you, I don't smoke or drink and I am a healthy 25year old. My spider veins first appeared a few years ago following a really bad allergic reaction that required a heavy dose of steroids. Almost as soon as I began the course of steroids the spider veins appeared and sadly haven't gone away. Whilst I've never asked a GP if the steroids were the cause I highly doubt it was a coincidence as the steroids increased both my heart rate and blood pressure whilst I was on them. Have you been on any medication that could have caused even a short lived slight increase of blood pressure?

Take care, Sarah.

• Posted

Hi Sarah

Thanks so much for your reply. Not that I'm aware of but I could have been! Sorry to hear you have them too. Don't know why but they just get me down so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.