Skin on leg feels tight but leg doesn't look swollen

Posted , 3 users are following.

This weird thing has been happening to me lately. It's mostly on my right leg but sometimes my left too. The skin around my knee and ankle feels tight but then I look and it doesn't look swollen. I've even checked for pitting and nothing. 

When I flex my foot down I feel like the skin across the top of my ankle is tight. But if I look at my leg it doesn't look swollen. 

I'm probably obsessing and making something out of nothing. But since finding out I have varicose veins and venous insufficiency, I've  been terrified of clots. 

I don't have any pain or redness in my leg, just this sensation that the skin feels tight but doesn't actually appear swollen. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.