How long does it takes for bruises to go away after VV phlebectomy surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

It has been 2 weeks today since I had my VV phlebectomy surgery. The first 10 days I felt dizzy when I go for a short walk. My post surgery follow up with my female Vascular Surgeon was yesterday. 10/21/19. She helped removed 20 steri strips on my leg as I do not have the courage of pulling them due to feeling pain when I attempted to. I was told the bruises and swelling will go away in a few weeks. I looked at the back of my leg, the bruises looked horrible and I can still see the veins are still there which my Surgeon has told me they will go away on it's own. What oil can I put or rub over my scar tissue?Is it okay to ice the the swelling. I did not have the chance to ask my Surgeon yesrterday.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.