Bi polar

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone on here tell me if they get DLA or PIP for bi polar disorder I need to see if I can get this as I am unable to work now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No, you would have to be signed off by your Doctor to get ESA, Bipolar is not classed as a dissability, no matter how disabling it is. And PIP would be hard for you to get, as they have really tightened up the reigns on who it is dished out to. So the only way you will get any money is short term letters through your Doctor, maybe 3-6 months at a time if your lucky. Many people work with Bi Polar, its not the end of the World, although it may feel like it now.
    • Posted

No that is not true..iv been on dla for bioplar for 10 years ..it depends on meds & what sort of care you get it being therapy doctor & pdr ..dla has almost been abolished as they are moving every1 to pip ..there is 3levels on dla only 2 on on pip I believe .pip is alot more difficult but as I say depending on your mental illness will depend if you get it I think you can request a form online or go to your local job centre. Pip will most likely be an interview after you have filled your form in bt if severe with lots of proof this isn't always needed.

• Posted

Ok, sorry. I thought you have to be signed off to claim ESA, then after a few months, they decide if you get put in to the Support group (an extra £50 a week and no further need for sign off papers), if they deem you to have a long term illness. Round here anyways. I'll leave this to you. wink

• Posted

did you have to keep reapplying for this every few years or did you get the money for a long time just interested. I've sent the PIP form in last week as I had to last time so it's just a waiting game isn't it

• Posted

It all depends on what the points score is on your form. I did mine through the CAB. I have severe migraine attacks too. Plus Hypothyroidism. If it affects your daily living you should be entitled to something. And medz are a factor in their decision. Good luck 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.