Bi polar or borderline personality disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im having a crisis, I feel like no one understands me and feel like I got no support from anywhere. I suffered from depression since I was 19 I'm 40 next week , 2 years ago diagnosed bi polar, cannot get on with medication, suppose to be taking quietapine up to 150 was previously on 600 but felt like a zombie, was off long term sick but now been back a few months and feel like I can't cope any more, only medication I'm taking now is venlafaxine, have a unsupportive boyfriend who is very immature and selfish, all my friends and people at work either don't understand my moods, I think it's more like personality disorder as my moods can change from one extreme to another in a matter of minutes, just sick of it all

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I'm sick of my moods controlling my life too. How long have you been with your boyfriend? How long have you held your current job?

Lu

• Posted

Been with him just over 2 years , we don't live together it's s nightmare love/hate distructive relationship and verbally abusive on both sides, before him was single for years just a few flings every now and then, been in this jib 8 years but have moved 4 times within the company as can't stay in same place for 2 long as feel like I'm going to explode and sick of same staff, it's a nightmare , been progressively worse past 2 years since being in this nightmare relationship, what's your life like, I just feel like I need to get away from everyone and everything as I'm hurting everyone with words and aggression .
  • Posted

Hello Jane im so sorry to hear that you're going though this. I know what this is like... Its so unfair people like us go through these mental obsatcles while our family and friends just seem to breeze through eveything without ever having to take a pill. Dont give up. Like i said i know what you'e feeling and im just now starting to see some light. I couldnt read your comment and allow myself to leave the page. I want to talk to you. I want to help people like myself and be there for somebody. Its always easier to talk to a stranger and i think maybe we might just click as e-mail pals. If not thats totally fine too. I just had to offer friendship. I never had anyone to discuss these things with either... i wish i did. Like i said dont give up. Just hang on

Love Damian

• Posted

I'm so so sorry to hear of your problems. They sound like many and very painful. First, just don't expect help from anyone. They don't know how you feel. This support group will open it's arms to you and we know you are telling the truth. People don't go on message boards for just no reason, it's because they are seeking truth and help. Some people, they get very tired with people who are all like "I'm too depressed to do this or that" "I can't get out of bed I'm depressed" "I just feel like I should die"/ Took me so many years to find the correct "witches brew" of medications and what I'm taking now, it's flattened my personality, I'm no longer the life of the party, I've had to much trauma and stress in my life. I'm just tired of trying to fix myself. Your doctor is your best friend in this case. Keep a diary, share it with your doctors, see if there is a pattern to your thoughts and feelings. He might read into it and find that you have a mixed episode and need less of this and more of that, or visa versa. I'm not in the UK, so I don't know about the medicines you're being given. Seems lithium is standard but I never see it mentioned. I take 150 of Lamictal for mood stabilizer, 3 2mg Klonopin spread throughout the day for my anxiety, 3 Ritalin, also spread through the day for my ADD, Wellbutrin for depression, and Trazedone for sleep, 150 mg. - It took FOREVER to come up with just the right mix. I get VERY upset if my PDoc wants to change or adjust anything. He's been in trouble for over prescribing and even lost his license for overdosing at a rave for 5 years. Everytime he returns from this "time out" he starts cutting back my benzos. Not thinking of me, but of the new guidelines he has to follow to keep his license. Really irritates me. Didn't even mention to me why he did it. That made me want to scream at him, but you don't scream at your Doc. I've never emailed anyone on this site but I see you have an offer and one on one might be really good for you. I'm happy to talk to you too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.