Bicep “cramps” following frozen shoulder surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive had a frozen shoulder for almost two years, second time in the same arm. finally had surgery four days ago, shoulder feels awesome!!!! however almost as soon as the nerve block wore off i had a severe charlie horse type cramp in my bicep when my arm is not extended straight or if I lift anything it siezes up. I called my Dr and the med asst said that it is to be expected with how much they had to debrede around the bicep tendon and to ice ice ice it will resolve. i went in with lack of range of motion and no pain and came out with the range of motion but fear of moving and terrible pain. what do i do? is this normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, this can be a normal part of healing. I have just completed 2nd shoulder sgy, for rotator cuff repair and bicep tenodesis this year (right done 10/1 and left done 4/26). Using combo of ice, and tylenol/ibuprofen to ease some of the discomfort. Just started PT at week 2....self massage (gently done) also helps. Make sure you are doing the recommended PT/stretches every day as this will help your muscles not cramp so badly AND drink plenty of water! Wishing you all the best in your recovery! These are not for the faint of heart!!!

• Posted

I am four weeks post op and not progressing that well with ROM. Lots of pain. Certainly not for the faint of hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.