Bicep tenodesis and frozen Shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all,

so back in mid September i had Bicep Tenodesis, ac joint repair, and some other stuff done in my left shoulder. this is from an Injury from may of this year (work related). my range of motion is finally starting to come along, but i can't raise my arm fully into the air, nor but it behind my back yet. ive been in pt since surgery, and before. I think more pt is the best option, due to im now finally making progress. my pt said he would usually have someone is a work conditioning next month, but he said my rom is not where it should be. i sadly have a job that has no light duty. what would be the best option, more pt to work on rom, or possible work conditioning. i just want my rom back

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Bert7700,

As someone who has had 3 (L, R and repeat L), I would advise PT and LOTS of patience. This is such a tough surgery and I have learned that when the docs say it takes 9 months to feel close to normal and truly a year to feel normal - it is truth. Progress in this case is made in increments (sometimes in cm.) but take it and know that you will get there with good PT and time. One cautionary statement - if you still feel LOTS of pain, do make sure to check with your MD. That is how I learned that my left shoulder rotator cuff tore again. Wishing you all the best!

• Posted

thank you for your reply. i guess i am right to push for more pt.

• Posted

bert7700,

From your ROM limitations sounds like there could be a tear in your subscapularis. There are some simple tests to determine this. I'm not a doctor, but subscap tears are sometimes missed. Google tests for subscapularis tear, which can be easily performed at home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.