Biceps Tenodesis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 6 and a half weeks post surgery and whilst movement has improved significantly, i still get a really sore/achy shoulder at night. Usually around 3am. This often radiates down the arm especially when its bad. I've treatment on my neck and as that had stiffened up from wearing the sling and that has improved things a bit but the shoulder soreness is driving me mad and causing a lack of sleep and tiredness. Just desperate for a good nights sleep! Has anyone else had the same and how did they release the shoulder?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

I had tenodesis performed 16 weeks ago. My recovery at the beginning was going good, but then all of the sudden around week 6 I couldn't sleep for 6-7 weeks (waking up every night once or twice with different type of pain or soreness). Eventually I got the ice therapy machine and configured it to switch on at night at random times (smart tp link plug). That helped me a lot, and now (about 2 weeks now) I'm sleeping well. I wake up bit sore, and hot therapy (microwave + ice pack) helps a lot - but again, it's nothing in compare to those 6-7 weeks of crappy sleep.

I hope your night pain will go away just like mine!

Also, my PT didn't do anything specific to address it, it just went away by itself.

Also, my overall recovery does not go well, I'm at 16 weeks and I have very little "healthy" range of motion (by healthy I mean without banding my spine or back).

Hope you find useful some of what I wrote.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.