bicornuate uterus, multiple Fallopian tubes!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I found out I have a bicornuate uterus about 2 years ago. This caused a lot of issues while having my daughter in 2009 and passed on issues with contraception a few years ago. As my options are limited I’d finally been approved to be sterilised. So fast forward to a few days ago and I had my surgery. They have managed to clamp and sterilise my right hand side with no issues, how ever my left hand side is messed up. I have multiple Fallopian tubes (3 we think) that the surgeon wasn’t sure what led where and the blue dye they inject seemed to be leaking out from somewhere they aren’t sure where. So I currently have 3 clamps on the left ‘fallopian tubes’ (they aren’t sure if they are even tubes or not) my surgeon said I shall need major surgery but that’s all I got from her.

I can’t find any information anywhere on this, was wondering if anyone had advice or medical reports i could read etc? or of someones had this and knows what the next steps are as i have to wait for 5 months and im going insane not knowing!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You sound a very interesting case.I wonder what major surgery your consultant was thinking about as you seem to already have multiple clamps. Did you have a ct scan before your operation? to establish your gynaecological 'layout' .

Maybe your consultant is trying to get further information and advice from colleagues .If you are in UK try writing/phoning/emailing to the Consultants secretary asking for more information. You could also go back to your GP who should receive a letter from your Consultant about the procedure you have had and may be able to explain what will possibly happen next.

• Posted

I’m honestly not sure, my mind went to full hysterectomy but seems a bit extreme for birth control. Although this was my final option so I’m not sure.

I’ve had ultra sounds on my womb when my coil was lost (long story) and scans on my urinary Tract etc to check everything was working correctly there but never had a scan for my reproductive bits before - which I find odd considering they knew about my uterus and I also had a midline vaginal septum that had to be removed during labour!

I’ve tried my doctor but he’s still waiting for the report to come through, my next appointment with my surgeon isn’t until April next year!

I’m just at a loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.