Big blood blister

Posted , 4 users are following.

As you may know I posted last fall that I broke all three bones in my ankle and I have two plates numerous screws of course and pens. I I had a very bad infection for 2 months and I'm still having ankle problems but now I have this big lump that has come up on the side of my ankle and it when I pop it all this black blood and junk squirts everywhere. It feels like I have this giant rubber band just squeezing my ankle. I have two other open portals we're clear liquid comes out of my surgeon says just watch those that's okay but now I have a third portal that is squirting black blood. Should I call the surgeon or just watch it for a few days that's my question anybody had this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am sorry you are having these problems. I would call your surgeon, just to be on the safe side.
  • Posted

I still have problems with my scar and have dressing done twice a week. This has been going on since november, but no way like what you describe. I would seek professional advice. 
  • Posted

The blood being black means it's old blood, but I would still call the surgeon.  I'm sorry for your added complication. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.