Big problems after eating? Life is bad very bad...

Posted , 4 users are following.

since the summer of 2018 my life has gone from somewhat ok to horrible. i developed an issue after eating to much sugar from chocolate bars to orange juice, soda even drinking beer will all lead to extreme lightheadedness, hyperventilatimlng and breathing problems, facial twitches extreme confusion inability to think and it almost feels like ill go unconcious. seems like the only way to avoid this i fou d is not eating at all! i just ate chilli and 4 buns with from tim hortons and the symptoms have started after an hour of eating. yesterday i ate 4 chocolate bars and milk and the same thing happened. i cant take it i need help. ive been to the ER and blood work they say is fine and same with ekg. BUT i doubt they did any testing for gluten allergy or something else that could be the issue! this category seems like a great place to maybe get some help ty!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

also just drinking coffee alone does this too

• Posted

Sounds like you have a problem with several foods, why don't you do an elimination diet and find out what your trigger foods are. I used the AIP diet, it is strict but it works. Also stop eating foods that make you have reactions. Plus the foods you are eating are complex so any one ingredient could be triggering your reactions.

• Posted

Hi Dave,

Have you thought about seeing a registered dietitian?

I too am going through trying to find out why my symptoms are what they are. I think I'm on a good pathway to now find out if I'm eating too many foods high in histamines by going on an elimination diet for 2 weeks by eating only low histamine foods, then gradually adding back a few of the higher histamine containing foods back, one at time to see how that goes.

Good luck, it can be so scary to know that what you are putting in your body may be making you sick.

Cindy

• Posted

im trying to eat better. i think a dietician would be a good idea. i have a few tests to do from my doctor i have a lung test, blood work and abdominal x ray to do still. its really hard to figure out what the issue is and people at the ER just rush you out and dont take proper time to solve your issue and they try to blame it on "anxiety" sigh.

• Posted

I hope you can get some help with choosing the right foods. (At least most of the time) I was an RN Diabetes Educator for many years before I retired, and worked as a team with some great dietitians. We taught the American Diabetes Association guidelines. You might take a look at their website or your own country's version of it. There are many good tips on food choices and how to live better with healthy eating. Feeling better will be your reward!

Good luck!

• Posted

Why on earth would you eat four chocolate bars? I'm not surprised it would throw your blood sugar off, most people couldn't cope with that. Rather than go to ER or waste time and money with tests, it would be much better to just eat reasonably sensibly. One chocolate bar, one bun, one glass of whatever. Then see how you feel.

• Posted

I know it seems that simple but im on effexor and i swear it makes me rediculously hungry. im trying to really get a hold of diet. i cant tell if my issue is a health problem OR just plain anxiety?? because eating bad foods brings on these symptoms BUT when i take ativan it greatly reduces them. so i have no idea what to think. i get winded just going up stairs and im only a 31 year old male 210 pounds. past 2 days ive been worse also getting derealization feeling like im in a dream and not really here and its giving me serious panick attacks and freeking me out. i really dont take ativan often but id hate to have to keep relying on it because im afraid of addiction and the negative spiral that can happen from it. maybe effexor is causing these issues? im seeing a doctor and working on this but in the mean time hearing from people on here really helps out alot and getting other opinions!

• Posted

i think effexor could be an issue here. quite a few people have complained about shortness of breath that went away after switching to a different ssri. its worth looking into

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.