Big red bump on head

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mom has a marble size red bump on her head, and wont go to doctor. She thinks it's cancer. But since my brother had cancer and there was no hope for him she assume just not find out. Any help would be appreciated. Is it cancer or a sist or any thing else it could be.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tonya. It could well be just a cyst that could easily be removed, and probably is if there are no other symptoms. But the only way to find out is to see a doctor. I understand your mum's fears and I am so sorry about your brother ...... But you must make your mum understand how worried you are and that it is not fair to put you through this anxiety when a simple trip to the doctor will settle things. And if it is cancer the quicker treatment starts the better. I have had cancer and am still here enjoying life - tell your mum it's not always a death threat, and I'm here to prove it!

• Posted

I it's tonya again, my mom still won't go to doctor and now her hair is falling out like crazy and she has constant headaches is this cancer symptoms?

• Posted

Hi Tonya. Only a doctor can diagnose your mum's symptoms, but if she is flatly refusing to see one, despite your best efforts, there's really nothing you can do. She may have her own reasons for this, perhaps she just doesn't want to know so she doesn't have to face a possibly serious illness. It's sad Tonya but all you can do is support her. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.