Big red lump in armpit

Posted , 3 users are following.

There's a lump in my armpit and it's been there for like 4 days. It's about an inch long, 2 cm thick and painful. What should I do? Am I going to die? I'm only 14

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

looks like a skin infection don't mess with it (scratch, pop, or touch) it's probably not harmful, but try to consult a doctor and he might get a prescription for you. He'll probably get you a topical ointment to put on. Really do consult a doctor for this.

• Edited

Yes one day but not for many many years yet if you look after yourself and don't smoke and stay fit and eat well and keep washing your hands

As for the swelling it's probably a boil, ring your GP surgery and tell them exactly what you have told us and send email including the picture, they will either send you topical meds to treat it or whatever they deem appropriate.

These are caused by a hair follicle becoming infected, do not squeeze or touch but wash gently with antibacterial soap and rinse well.

Do not use deodorant or shave till its completely healed.

Stay safe and wash your hands thoroughly 😂 😂 😂

Take care of your self xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.