Big swellings than blisters appear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recently been getting swelling and i mean big and then either right away or hours later blisters appear. Its painful and i have been to the hospital 3 times and they dont know what it is. I work in a dental lab as well if this helps. First one appeared on my elbow. Next appeared on my forehead and wrist. I am sending a photo of one on my wrist they all look like this. image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Stephania

You say you work in a dental lab, which made me wonder whether you are allergic, or have developed an allergy to a chemical that you come into contact with at work. I can only go by my own experiences but years ago, I started to itch and developed a rash. Eventually, after a lot of visits to doctors & eventually Dermatologists, I had patch testing done. This was when they found that I am allergic to formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers, which were causing all my problems.

I was prescribed a very potent steroid cream to use topically but I also took Prednisolone orally. I then had to learn where these chemicals were used.

Perhaps you should ask for patch testing and see what that turns up. You can be exposed to something for years and experience no problems, then suddenly develop an allergy.

Good luck,

• Posted

Thank you so far the doctors claim its HSV1 transmitted through dentures. They have taken a swab test of the liquid in the blister. They still have not got the results back i will try the patch testing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.